WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently obtained one of my grails (Speedy Pro) and am now looking for some sort of a Kevlar/Sailcoth strap. I've done a little research and can see people like BradyStraps and CountyComm. The problem I have with BradyStraps is I'm afraid of the leather falling apart. The CountyComm composite straps seen to be wide and and just notched to fit smaller lugs. I'm looking for a black strap with either black stitching or maybe white or silver. Also I wouldn't be opposed to a pure rubber strap like the Hirsch as long as it looked dressier and not completely like a dive strap. Any suggestions on where to turn?

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Hadley Roma makes a Kevlar strap that I particularly like. It has a bold stitch in various colors. I've got a Brady sailcloth and the Maratac strap (countycomm?) and prefer the Kevlar style. However, I can't say one performs better than the others. Strappedfortime has most of these straps along with some lorica straps that you might want to consider.

if you like the Brady models, I don't think I've heard any complaints about durability.

·
Premium Member
33,371 Posts
Agree with the HR suggestion. Also look at some by Hirsch for another idea.

·
Vendor
6,922 Posts
Hirsch do the Robby with a Sailcloth effect, this is applied to calf leather but you would not think so when you see it in the flesh

RobbyRed11.jpg

There are other options within the Hirsch Performance range that offer more dressier looks, James, Paul, George, real is alot to choose from.

We did a Speedy 30 Day Challenge, putting a different strap on the Speedy each day, ran out of days, the Speedy is so versatile and takes almost any strap

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.895989820415696.1073741845.142447939103225&type=3

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I absolutely love the look of the Robby! I had no idea they existed, but now I can't seem to find a Robby in just black or black with white stitching. Do they exist? I really like the Robby because it has a rally style with the holes. I was actually thinking of getting a rally strap as well. If I could find the right Hirsch I would only need one strap.

·
Premium Member
33,371 Posts
+2 for the Robby. I have two and they are awesome. Very comfortable and handles heat well.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Not to hijack my own thread, but does anyone have suggestions for a good quality rally strap like a Heuerville but slightly cheaper?

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just bought this strap last night and can't wait for it to be delivered. I also bought a canvas/cordura strap to give that a try. Pics will be posted as soon as delivered.

·
Vendor
6,922 Posts
I absolutely love the look of the Robby! I had no idea they existed, but now I can't seem to find a Robby in just black or black with white stitching. Do they exist? I really like the Robby because it has a rally style with the holes. I was actually thinking of getting a rally strap as well. If I could find the right Hirsch I would only need one strap.
There are alot of varying options within the Hirsch Performance range, the Hirsch Tiger is available in Black with White stitching

TigerBlack04-900.jpg

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
I have both a Di-Modell Rallye and a Heuerville strap that I use on my Speedmaster. The Rallye (fantastic quality for the price, btw) used to be my go-to strap for the Speedy, but since I got the Heuerville the Heuerville has never left the watch. I see lots of posts from people asking for advice on straps like a Heuerville but cheaper, but the bottom line is you get what you pay for. The quality of the leather and construction of the Heuerville is impeccable, and if you've spent thousands on a quality watch why would you want to put a low quality, stiff piece of third grade leather on it when you can wear something that feels like butter on your wrist? Buy the best... you'll always be happy with it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts