WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I hope this post finds everyone having a great weekend!

I am interested in possibly purchasing a kevlar strap for my GSAR and I am curious what the options are for various straps. What works best? What straps require modification? I think that a 22mm strap looks best so are there straps made with a 20mm lug width?

Any picutures of what has worked for you would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any information you may provide.

Regards.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Here's a 24mm Ted Su Kevlar notched to 20mm for my TSAR. I don't think it worked very well.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Willie, I found the black stitch worked better. The white stitch seems to make the strap feel and look wider. I loved the 24mm black on my GSAR and now have my Marinemaster MM300, which is also 20mm lugs, on one of my Ted (Mc)Su's and also use the seatbelt buckle.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I had the 24mm notched to 20mm for my GSAR, and I thought it overpowered the watch. That being said, if you go to Ted's site, you can now get it in a 22mm--I think that would work better.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I had the 24mm notched to 20mm for my GSAR, and I thought it overpowered the watch. That being said, if you go to Ted's site, you can now get it in a 22mm--I think that would work better.
No, you can't. The straps are ALL 24mm. The 22mm is notched from 24mm. Check the text at the bottom of the page:

Sizes:
Widths: 22/24
Lengths: 78/135

*Straps are notched professionally at the lug ends to 22mm.

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
well, omega makes a kevlar thats form fitted in 20mm. I think that one looks great.

·
Premium Member
7,655 Posts
well, omega makes a kevlar thats form fitted in 20mm. I think that one looks great.
Yeah. Is that the "patchwork" pattern one? Think I might have seen that somewhere.
It's the Omega X-33 strap and it works very well:

The buckle that comes with the Marathon rubber strap is also a perfect fit:

I tried the Ted Su strap, but I found it works better on a bigger watch than the TSAR/GSAR.

HTH

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
A mystery solved? I've read about the Mc Su straps, but didn't know from where they came. So Outstretchedhands, you make kevlar straps too? Do you have a website?
Yes and no. The straps I put our are Ted Su straps but modified with the standard type of buckles instead of the seatbelt buckle. Otherwise they are the same straps.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Outstrectchedhands I like the straps you have listed. Are they 22mm notched for 20mm? Also how do they stand up to tough day-to-day wear including swimming?

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Outstrectchedhands I like the straps you have listed. Are they 22mm notched for 20mm? Also how do they stand up to tough day-to-day wear including swimming?
These are dive straps and are meant for outdoor use, including swimming, diving. There are no 22mm straps done by either myself or Ted, only 24mm and 26mm. A 20mm is notched from a 24mm. The one on the GSAR in the pics above is exactly that.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
There are no plans for a 22mm version at the moment either as so many have to be ordered at one time that it may not be viable.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts