WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, guys! Posted a similar Q in the “Show off your Khakis” thread, but wanted to add more details and photos as I ask for help/advice.

I love field watches and my favorite, to date, is my Weiss 38mm Standard Issue (partly as it was a gift from my wife). Its L2L is 46.6 and the case is pretty flat. This is about the max my wrist can safely handle, especially without much “lug hug”.

Will the Khaki Field Mechanical work for me? It’s 47 L2L, right? How’s the “hug”? Any better than the Weiss?

Or is there another Khaki that you think would fit my wrist a bit better?

Thank you!!

Weiss wrist shots:

Watch Analog watch Wrist Arm Fashion accessory

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wrist

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have an older version of the Mechanical. Not sure if the case size is the same as the newer one.

As you can see, not much "hug". It's L2L is 47 so I'd guess it will fit you about the same
as your Weiss. (Really nice looking watch, btw.)

Watch Wrist Fashion accessory Hand Finger

Watch Analog watch Wrist Watch accessory Fashion accessory

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
It’s worth noting that in addition to the 47mm lug-to-lug, the lug holes for the strap are pretty far outboard. This has two effects: first, it means there’s a bit of an air gap with most strap options, where you can see skin between the strap and the case; and second, that straps don’t start until right near the edge of that lug-to-lug, so it doesn’t turn downwards or “hug” as well as some other watches with a similar lug-to-lug.

I’ve a 6.5” wrist and the watch fits on me about the same as a Seiko diver with a 50mm lug-to-lug.

If your Weiss is comfortable to you, the Hamilton isn’t that much longer. But just my opinion, it’s one of the weak spots in the design of this watch. A 45 or 46mm lug-to-lug would have looked good and fit a little better for smaller wrists.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, guys! Both replies are extremely helpful.

I’m going to ponder a bit... I feel like it might be stretching it and may need to stick to a 36mm Explorer homage with their ~44 L2L - or a vintage piece. Great watch, though! Very tempting.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
I'm 6.5" and I can't imagine going any smaller for a solid fit. My H69439411 KFM fits, but not as good as my H70455133 KFA, due to the length of the lugs.

With dainty-wristed dudes like us, one millimeter matters. Or so I've discovered.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts