WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thanks Mike, for the link.
IMHO, a lot of multimedia efforts for just two watches in the collection available?
The author of the 'tradition' essay did a good job. He stressed the German roots of Kienzle a lot w/o really hiding, that Kienzle is now an Asian brand...:roll:

Regards

Nauticus (Niels)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take it as a starter - there are more to come, I am sure of that :)

·
Registered
944 Posts
Is the brand German now or should we call it Italian with a German heritage? On the TimeDesign.de website, the origin of Kienzle 1822 is listed as Italian. The Societa Italiana Orologi Kienzle.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Its been almost two years and their site is still under construction? I doubt we'll see Kienzle.de come out with its own collection any time soon. The end of the 90s marked the end of an era in German watchmaking by one of the oldest and most venerable firms.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Now old Janne is seriously confused! I found www.kienzleuhren.de . Some of the watches have movements by ETA, or Eta with different modules. " Made in Germany". The "Edition Jakob Kienzle" seems to have some very nice watches.
And you guys tell me it is Asian? Are you sure? Or do we talk different companies???

Thanks, Jan

·
Registered
944 Posts
There are three different companies following the disappearance of the old Kienzle. One is in Italy, the other is in Far East and a third is now under German ownership. The quartz watches were made in China and the new German company is coming out with a German only collection. The Italian brand uses Swiss ETA and quartz parts in its watches. Its an open question as to whether Kienzle will ever return to being a German brand again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts