WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
So funny I watched this video this morning, and was mildly annoyed at the destruction of what was otherwise a fine timepiece. I found it very interesting that the body flexed enough to stop the movement, I had not expected that.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When in doubt, there are two options:

1. cheap condom

2. expensive condom

Both work great for washing hands, snorkeling and inseminating cows while wearing your Citizen

·
Registered
148 Posts
To guess where this is going, you are planning to do way more than just snorkeling with that Citizen now you've seen what it can handle?
Nope, but I think the OP just made a great commercial for buying one, although I would be fine with their 200m watch as well. When I saw the thread, I was worried that the OP would show us that the watches couldn't handle 3ATM.

·
Registered
Samsung Gear Sport
7,760 Posts
So funny I watched this video this morning, and was mildly annoyed at the destruction of what was otherwise a fine timepiece. I found it very interesting that the body flexed enough to stop the movement, I had not expected that.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Flexing is real issues especially if you exceed operating condition by extra 400-500%.
Pressure is serious force at depths. submergible literally shrink as they dive deeper and deeper.
If you think about it, some portions of the watch can flex and some do it to the lesser degree so watch will bend unevenly and may intrude into movement. at 300 bars watch facing 17000 pounds of force trying to squish it. It's a bit shy of city bus and it's not like it running over the watch. that will produce about 120-150 pounds of force. It's like whole bus (smaller variety) put vertically and pushing on the watch with just a corner of the bumper.
Even 1 bar of pressure can devastate structure not built to withstand it.

·
Premium Member
33,512 Posts
Interesting video.

Thanks for posting.

·
Premium Member
8,333 Posts
absolutely brilliant
I really enjoyed that
and was surprised by just how wr both of these relatively inexpensive watches were
The first Citizen doesnt have a screw down crown & is 100m wr yet kept on going
impressive

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
absolutely brilliant
I really enjoyed that
and was surprised by just how wr both of these relatively inexpensive watches were
The first Citizen doesnt have a screw down crown & is 100m wr yet kept on going
impressive
I have two different Citizens rated 200m without screw down crowns. Screw downs are not super important, as the gaskets provide WR, not threads. At least at pressures we mortals might experience. Screw down does help protect the crown and stem from impact damage though.

·
Premium Member
8,333 Posts
I have two different Citizens rated 200m without screw down crowns. Screw downs are not super important, as the gaskets provide WR, not threads. At least at pressures we mortals might experience. Screw down does help protect the crown and stem from impact damage though.
Indeed - I also have 2 Citizen Tsunos without screw-down crowns and WR200 - I confess I feel insecure about taking them near water
- I know its unreasonable - I know Citizen know what they are doing and can stand by their depth ratings - yet that slight nag in the back of my mind is always there
- stupid really - and this video proved Citizen 100m with push down crowns can take 3x that pressure - and most humans rarely go 3m depth let alone 300m

1 - 20 of 21 Posts