WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my newest addition showed up today and what hell I went through for it. I got it out the tin, slapped it on my wrist then thought to myself wheres the rest of the watch.

I think Ive been spoiled by the size of watches like my PAG40 and the DW-9000. The AWG101-1A seemed a bit small on my wrist to me, and I dont think I have ginormous wrists either.

In retrospect I compared my DW-9000 to the AWG101-A and its basically the same size give or take a mm or 2. I really wanted an analog watch to switch between my digitals but alas I dont think the AWG101-A is it.

Has anyone else had these kind of experiences with a new addition to your collection.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
AWG101-1A = 52.0 x 46.4 x 14.9mm / 54.3g

MTG1000 = 46.98 x 46.90 x 15.84mm / 128g

GS1100-1A =49.8 x 46.8 x 15.2mm / 92g

GW1500A-1AV = 56.2 x 47.5 x 16.6mm / 60g

that wat i got and luv the size and the feel of it. might wanna try on the GW1500.

·
Registered
773 Posts
anytime, brah !!!!!dang, i need new pictures. ive been taking a lot of pics of my g/w5500.

Hey they have this exact one on clearance at my Walmart- it is possible to show the date on these in that middle window, right (just not date and seconds at the same time obviously)? Edit- also, is this true? "When digital date is displayed, it toggles between day and date at 2 second intervals and cannot be disabled."

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey they have this exact one on clearance at my Walmart- it is possible to show the date on these in that middle window, right (just not date and seconds at the same time obviously)? Edit- also, is this true? "When digital date is displayed, it toggles between day and date at 2 second intervals and cannot be disabled."
GW-1500 Walmarts 99.99 Casio Atomic/Solar watch
It toggles Date 4 17 to Sat every 2 seconds and you cant Lock in on just one or have Both Shown at same time. You have either the Seconds, Date Toggle Day of Week. If you own a Pathfinder/Protrek 1100 1300 1500 ect, You Get used to the adjustable Date Day Year Day of week, Barometer Graph And YOU Get Spoiled.
I really love the look of the GW-1500 with its Chrome Ring that can be seen all the way around the bezel. It Feels Nice on the wrist and its not a Biggie watch. "I do love my biggen Paws and Pags tho"
Its just the gw1500 Has missing features! A 60 Min Chrono is about it for its Features. No Countdown timer or any other things that casio Digits are known for?
IT Does HAVE a Very Bright BLUE Light lamp tho. Set in AT 9 and 3. You could use it as a flash light its so bright. You can make out some digital with the lum but no much.
I Also love the HoneyComb Dial/Face for the Solar Panel, and the Chrome inside the Dial/face is Right ON. Along with Perfect TINY Print within the Dial layers, Face - Face layers. The Red and white Analog hands are a nice look with the rest of the watch. Both White / White hands just don't look like a Gshock to me. The Protection on the gw1500 Bezel is Very Good and It will take a beating. Battery charge life is Really good only because of the LED Lume, Large Solar Area and Lack of Features. Either way, It RUNS a long time before even getting to Med Battery.
No Atomic sync Icon
The Right Eye has 10 second counting On to ten, Off to ten which then moves the Minute hand @ every 20seconds. "Giez Watch Min Hand, every 10seconds Much High Q Movement"

150.00 retail GW-1500 is HIGH 4 a starter Atomic/Solar but it has some Classy look to it. Wish is was Much More then it is. For a non stop, Never Worry watch @ 75 USD to 99 USD I'd says 80 USD is the right price BUT, You could Add 80 to 100 Dollars to that and Get A Giez Flagship All Steel Housing GS1100 Atomic/Solar. "With some Online Searching Giez GS1100 160-180 USD"

·
Registered
82 Posts
I got the AWG100, and i too was surprised at the size of it on my wrist. However, i didn't think it was "small" per-say, watch-wise at least. For a G... it felt small. But i really dig the styling of it.

I was more disappointed w/ the lack of alarms, volume, and limited countdown timer. HOWEVER, i really like the watch. It feels solid, has sexy analog timekeeping, a beautiful color scheme, and has a METAL bezel underneath it all (or metal looking at least), unlike my G9000 :think:.

Yeah, explain that to me... how does the Master of G Mudman not have a full on metal bezel underneath all that armor?

·
Banned
223 Posts
Well my newest addition showed up today and what hell I went through for it. I got it out the tin, slapped it on my wrist then thought to myself wheres the rest of the watch.

I think Ive been spoiled by the size of watches like my PAG40 and the DW-9000. The AWG101-1A seemed a bit small on my wrist to me, and I dont think I have ginormous wrists either.

In retrospect I compared my DW-9000 to the AWG101-A and its basically the same size give or take a mm or 2. I really wanted an analog watch to switch between my digitals but alas I dont think the AWG101-A is it.

Has anyone else had these kind of experiences with a new addition to your collection.
Maybe I have smaller wrists than you. But nevertheless I think it's a fine watch. Sure it's somewhat smaller, but you would of known that already. It's not supposed to be huge. Watches don't have to be huge to be effective and good looking. I think it's a terrific blend of old fashioned and new fashioned. The digital is very understated, but legible, if your eyes are pretty good. It's light and small. But for me it's simply the light and small G-Shock alternate. Compared to other watches, it's it not really that small. It's only about average. I also think of this watch as being a little more dressy than lots of the others. I would hesitate very little with wearing this in more upscale situations, like a date in a nice place. For that matter, I run with it. A very effective and practical piece as far as I'm concerned. In fact when you look at this watch in different inside light, it appears even more striking based on the black face. Perhaps you are being hasty in your assessement.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I also once owned the AWG-101-1A, but I really never warmed up to the hands and dial combination.
The hour hand, despite being red, was kinda hard for my eyes to find at a quick glance.
I didn't like the chapter-ring design either (I think the tick marks made it seem too cluttered).
So I returned the AWG-101-1A and later bought the AWG-100, and it has become my favorite G-Shock.

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
sorry to hear that... i like a lot the watch awg-101 and i bough it due to his small measure... i hope you will find the right one Bro... :-!:-!

·
Registered
546 Posts
i have the same problem im used to 52 sizes i have lots of big g shocks and if i wear my new pathfinder pag 40 man on fire for a week when i put anything else on seems too small..so now this is what i do if i wear my froggie or pathfinder i only wear it for 2 days then change to something small..thanks god bless....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts