WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Diesel (SBA series for example) watches? They are quite large, but i am drawn to them. They just seem so "Mad Max" if you will and I really like that. What are your thoughts on larger watches like these. I ask because I find that the taste in watches here is top notch (obviously)!

By the way I love the gx-56. just so ya know. :)

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
Re: Kind of OT: Given the popularity of the gx-56, I was wondering what you all thought of

can't tell you anything about Diesel watches, never had one. personally I don't like the GX-56, it's a watch that simply makes no sense to me. overly big without purpose, too small digits - something that I neither want nor need.

cheers

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Re: Kind of OT: Given the popularity of the gx-56, I was wondering what you all thought of

Sorry, but I think of Diesel as 'wear it this year, throw it away next year' watches.

And I don't think extra-large watches are fit for purpose... ;-)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts

Please lets no compare this...

with this...

A G-SHOCK It's always a G-SHOCK (TOKYO TOYS 4 THE BOYS)

·
Registered
2,240 Posts

Let me put my 2 cents in on this subject. I like GX-56's the bigger the G the better for me. It is one of my favorite new models. Anytime I wear one someone always asks me about it and where did I get it. The King is ok with me.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts

Nearly blew wine down my nose when I looked up that Diesel reference. Oversized Super Bad Ass?? Seriously?

Let them have their market niche. I don't think they were looking for my wallet with that line.

·
Registered
554 Posts

There's a version of that Diesel with a blue glass that is nice in a totally bonkers way. But expect the face to get scuffed real easily. My orange GX is now constantly on my wrist and I'm looking to buy 2 more this year in black/red/gold etc.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts

Carrot Make all the collection and for the price of two Diesel of those...

I'm currently missing the Gold One Since I will only collect the non-atomic ones

See that spot on my sign before my orange one it's reserved, and guess what is not for a Bad Ass Diesel... ;)

·
Registered
223 Posts

The Gx-56 is cool. I tried it on and its very comfy and big! Feels great on the wrist. But I don't like how small the digits are. They should be just a LITTLE bit bigger.

·
Registered
61 Posts

I just ordered my first G-Shock since I was a kid and I'm eagerly awaiting delivery...

I tried on a King and I like it.

I have a diesel but it's a much more tame version than anything they're offering now... It's a "rocker" - leather band, rectangular leather pad behind the watch. It's comfortable, not dressy at all, and I hardly wear it. Until my G arrives, my nixon player and Seiko diver get all the wrist time.

I walk past the Diesel counter and smile because they are so god awful and huge. But, to each their own. Someone must be buying these because they've been going in that direction for a while.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Don't get me wrong, Im a G-shock guy first.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts

I love my Pathfinder PRG80 Big and Bad. :-! I like large watches that work. The Pathy has extra large digits. I like the GX56 but like other poster said it really is a DW5600 size module in an extra large case. <| Lot of extra money for a little more resin and that not needed shock absorber. :-s Thats what wrists are for ;-) If they had really put some more thought into it and made the digits larger I would get one. My largest analog so far is about 48mm. It is about the largest watch that can site well on my wrist. I will never wear something that looks like flavor flav :-d:-d:-d

·
Registered
2,598 Posts

diesel is a fashion watch just like what tribe125 said. its something you will use this year and probly throw away the next. if you like big watches and cant afford the king of big watches u-boat look into welder.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts