WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This just arrived in the morning mail thanks to Thian Wong :-!

Now I will get to answer that question about 'what's so special about a kinetic?'.
Give me a few days and I should have the answer ;-)

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Love mine!

Looks nice and traditional diver but has the latest and greatest; hand windable kinetic motor!

It's only been a couple of hours but wearing the kinetic has much of the tactile feedback we get from a traditional mechanical auto. The only real give away is the one second steps of the sweep hand. So far, I haven't really noticed the second hand which I almost always do when wearing a traditional quartz watch.
So far, I'm liking this better and better :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Looks great. What model number is that?

This just arrived in the morning mail thanks to Thian Wong :-!

Now I will get to answer that question about 'what's so special about a kinetic?'.
Give me a few days and I should have the answer ;-)

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks great. What model number is that?
Sorry, I don't know the Seiko model designation but it has the 5m42 kinetic movement and the model is in the 5m42-0G20 case. The serial number indicates it is from December 1997.

My friend StratmanII on the SCWF could probably give you the Seiko model number, production dates, availability and the various models it came in :)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hah! Welcome to the WUS Seiko forum my Storyteller friend!
I do believe this is the 1st time i am reading your post here :)

Like i said, i like that kinetic. Too bad (or good) the watch is a tad small for my taste :)

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hah! Welcome to the WUS Seiko forum my Storyteller friend!
I do believe this is the 1st time i am reading your post here :)

Like i said, i like that kinetic. Too bad (or good) the watch is a tad small for my taste :)
:thanks for the welcome Badern.

I have probably only posted once or twice in the last couple of years but I think I'll hang around here for a while. This forum seems to have a slightly different flavour than the other two Seiko ones I hang out on...I like this one :-!

I know how you feel when you get a new Tuna now:-d

·
Registered
722 Posts
It does have a different feel than the other 2 that we frequent. Nice to drop by for a change once in a while :-!
I find the icons quite fun as well LOL! :-d|> b-);-) :rodekaart

I am sure you spice up your stories with these :p:-d

Glad you are happy with that beauty b-)
Probably as happy as i am with my tunas (almost):-d

PS : How did you come up with that name ? HuPuTan? Sounds very Oriental/Asian

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Re: Love mine!

Looks nice and traditional diver but has the latest and greatest; hand windable kinetic motor!

It's only been a couple of hours but wearing the kinetic has much of the tactile feedback we get from a traditional mechanical auto. The only real give away is the one second steps of the sweep hand. So far, I haven't really noticed the second hand which I almost always do when wearing a traditional quartz watch.
So far, I'm liking this better and better :)
I really did not expect that I would like this as much as I have:-! I can't seem to put anything else on! It is big but fairly light; however, it looks like steel. I almost put my Breitling Evo on today but just could not do it. It is a real sleeper! I am glad I found this watch...people are getting sick of my posts here and on TZ:-x

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PS : How did you come up with that name ? HuPuTan? Sounds very Oriental/Asian
I put my name into one of those English to Chinese name converters and this was one of the names that came up. The closest sounding one was Han Pei Tan (Horne Pe ter) but it didn't have the right ring to it ;)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hhahaha thats very scientific :)
Next you need to ask Thian to get the Japanese translation of your actual name or even "penguin" :)

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hhahaha thats very scientific :)
Next you need to ask Thian to get the Japanese translation of your actual name or even "penguin" :)
I got the Japanese equivalent to Penglipur Lara... it's 'sutoritera' ;)

·
Registered
4,466 Posts

My two beloved diver beaters

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts