WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got a GXW-56 last year because it seemed so outrageous, but it turned out to just be a good watch. The band is quite comfortable.

Its flick illumination and power saving modes work well, too. Here's a picture of it along with my Dynamic.
20190511_212049.jpg

It's thick.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Where is a good place to acquire a GXW-56-1BJF (positive display)? I live in MD, USA. The ones I see on eBay are from sellers in Japan so I went on Rakuten and I am now just waiting for replies from sellers.

·
Registered
36,311 Posts
Where is a good place to acquire a GXW-56-1BJF (positive display)? I live in MD, USA. The ones I see on eBay are from sellers in Japan so I went on Rakuten and I am now just waiting for replies from sellers.
You are on the right track with eBay.

I modified 3 of my 4 Kings to positive screens, using 2 methods:

One was a simple module swap, the other 2 were nasty, polarization screen alterations which were tedious, risky and scary, but in the end worked. I also wrecked a 5th King learning how to change the screens. There is a thread about this experience in the archives.

Modded my Kings to positive screens as the negative screens are nearly invisible in some light conditions:

The King below is actually a solar/atomic GXW module installed inside a non-atomic case.

4 Kings, GX-56 and GXW-56 before the modding.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Nice job Yankeeexpress, I never ever liked the look of the GX-56 with the huge body and small dial so I never bothered to buy one. I saw one the other day in person and liked it. Now I want the Solar/Atomic with positive display that is JDM only.

Just ordered one, will have it this week.

·
Premium Member
7,403 Posts
You are on the right track with eBay.

I modified 3 of my 4 Kings to positive screens, using 2 methods:

One was a simple module swap, the other 2 were nasty, polarization screen alterations which were tedious, risky and scary, but in the end worked. I also wrecked a 5th King learning how to change the screens. There is a thread about this experience in the archives.

Modded my Kings to positive screens as the negative screens are nearly invisible in some light conditions:

The King below is actually a solar/atomic GXW module installed inside a non-atomic case.

4 Kings, GX-56 and GXW-56 before the modding.

Man, I really love that olive green one. I’ve also listed after the rescue one just because it is so loud and over the top. Nice collection!

Reactions: Dxnnis
1 - 10 of 10 Posts