WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 581 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Russian watch lovers!

Today I would like to introduce an interesting project to you - a replica of Kirovskie K43 watch.

This was the first watch manufactured in-house at the First State Watch Factory in USSR and was intended for the Soviet Intelligence during the Eastern Front of WWII.

Here is the picture of the original watch

11770914.jpg

Here is what we have got from the manufacturer:

IMG_20150114_200444.jpg

IMG_20150114_200602.jpg

123_2.jpeg

20150203_175449.jpg

Here are the specs:

MovementSea-Gull ST3600 (We are negotiating to get a genuine Seagull). Seagull has been changed to Molniya 3603
Case – Stainless Steel
Crystal – Neither mineral, nor sapphire. Some sort of special domed crystal called K1 (used by Vostok Europe)
Hands – As on the first picture here, black heat treated
DialBlack matte, white ‘rail’ marking at edges, digits are luminous. Under the hands there will be an inscription «90545» (the date refers to the Victory Day)
Lume – White-green SuperLuminova C3 (possibly old radium)
Strap – Still undecided
Packaging – Simple, plain packaging to allow a safe transportation. Probably similar to Vostok cases.
Price - $200 via paypal (fees on you) + delivery costs (approximately 20 USD but will finally be decided at a later stage).

In relation to the payment, there are two options:

1. You can pay in installments - 5000 RUB, 4000 RUB and 4000 RUB (all the sums are approximate and depend on the RUB to USD exchange rate). First installment is going to be used to buy movements and to build first 2 prototypes.

2. You can pay the full sum of $200 in advance.

We estimate to complete the project around May 2017 but, of course, it depends on how quickly we are going to accumulate the funds.

TO REGISTER: Please fill in this Google form - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScTjUL-oyAGpmdxZSeEE4G-WTX8DQxEqa2rA260m6RLwPFAHA/viewform

Once registered, please post here your desired serial!

TO CHECK THE DETAILS - Please refer to this Google table - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Al6NGIhfDpcL9PWxoX2mTcN2sXIER2qyrlMiwM890rU/edit#gid=0

Post any questions you have, I will try to answer them here.

·
Registered
8,536 Posts
Sorry, as for me the chinese movement is a deal breaker.

A nice NOS Molnja is impossible to find in these days?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Sorry, as for me the chinese movement is a deal breaker.

Have to agree. Can't put my finger on why exactly , as the whole thing is a replica, but somehow the seagull (which I have and like in a few other watches) is not working for me in this case...

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Pretty hard, if we are talking about 3601, relativly easy if it's 3602. Actually it was a kit version at the beginning, and since st3600 is very close relative to 3602 you can use the same dial/hands.
Also possible raketa movement, even automatic, but the project leader dealt with them on previous project, and found them as very unreliable guys.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
If we shall use 6497 it would be the same question - what is Russian there? The only goal of swapping st3600 to 6497 is some status, self arrogance.
Maybe the real alternative is a kit.

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Guys, IMHO, it is much easier and faster do not use molly. We want to have a really nice timepiece, with some history behind it and thinking about some unknown spirit does not help the watch to be born. If our manufacturer will really get genuine Seagull movements - it would be amazing. Taking into the account our price point - all those who are extremely concerned with the Russian spirit could swap the movement to whatever they wish.

AFAIK, there is a slight difference between seagull and molly but it is still possible to swap. Bear in mind that all the drawings have been prepared for seagull movements, so changing the movement at this stage will involved extra delay, which nobody wants.

It may be also possible to buy a kit only, so everyone could then use a movement they prefer.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,209 Posts
Holy crap! Those Chinese - even counterfeit seagulls exists!!!
I'm guessing what Sorcer means is to get Sea-Gull ST36 as opposed to Hangzhou 9 series, which is another Chinese-made Unitas clone. Chinese movements are often purchased through 3rd party suppliers who may think there is no harm in substituting a movement of identical spec from another manufacture.

As for sourcing enough Molnija 3603 (I presume shockproofing is preferred?); if it was that easy then would Alexander Shorokhoff have switched to Chinese movements in Poljot International watches?

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,209 Posts
In China they counterfeit Hero fountain pens, that are pretty cheap as "originals".
And on this forum we've seen what gets counterfeited in Russia as well. It happens all over, even in your country and mine. Lets keep the nationalist stereotyping off the forum if possible.

The point was that besides ETA there are at least two other manufacturers of Unitas-type movements, and it was felt that Sea-Gull was the better of these.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
What is the name of the second manufacturer?

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 581 Posts