WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I haven't seen too many shots of Kobold lume--and I'm not a lume-a-holic, but thought I'd take a few for posterity.

In the spirit of Darin's giveaways, raffles and prizes, and to pay it forward (thanks for the Ball goodie, Darin!) I'll set this up as a quiz:

ID the watches below by their lume (A=..., B=..., etc). Put your answer in the form of a reply to the thread (for public acknowledgement, or shame...:-d) Best answer by next Saturday (12/20) gets the prize. Tie-breaker will be the first, most accurate answer.

OK, let's go
:

Watch A:

Watch B:

Watch C:

Watch D:

Watch E:

Watch F:

Watch G:

Watch H:

Watch I:

Watch J:

Watch K:

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Okay, I'm throwing in the towel. I don't have time to research these. So Here goes.

A = Kobold Shack
B = Doxa
C =
D = kobold SOA
E = Kobold SD
F =
G = Sinn U2
H =
I = Kobold PS
J = Sinn EZM
K = Kobold SMG

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I think I should win , by default. The rest of these characters are researching the answers...speed should certainly be a factor.
And BTW sorry that SWAG took so long. I was a little lazy getting to the post office. I am glad it reached you, hopefully not so misshapen that it was unusable?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Speed IS a factor - the fastest, most accurate answer wins! So if nobody else gets more correct (or bothers to take the plunge) it's all yours!

...and no, I wouldn't send your Ball swag (it's in fine shape!) back to you...;-) I've got something else in mind.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
A - Shack
B - Endurance
C - Soarway
D - SOA
E - Soarway
F- SOA
G - U2
H - Phantom
I - PS
J - Fortis
K- SMG

Probably not even close, but had to give it a go!

Kev.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
A=shack
B=Endurance B
C=Soarway
D SOA (numeric dial)
E=Seal
F= Ti Phantom
G= Endurance 2
H=Phantom
I = PS 1
J = Aviator b
K= PS 2

·
Registered
348 Posts
A - Shackelton
B - Endurance B
C - Soarway Diver
D - Numbers SOA
E - Seal
F - Sinn 656
G - PS3
H - Phantom
I - PS
J - 323 (probably cheating since I recognize this one easily)
K - SMG-1

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Editing? That's violation of International Watch Quiz sanctions! Disqualify that man!
He's locked in now that I've quoted him. ;-)

I think his edit was just the "I'm probably cheating..." comment...:-d

In keeping with the holiday spirit, and getting back to normal congeniality around here, we'll let this one slide!

If it happens again, we'll enforce the IWQ Bylaws:

·
Registered
348 Posts
I just figured that I should own up to the fact that I had a prior relationship with the beautiful letter J and miss her, and if I didn't come clean you'd remind me...:rodekaart

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just figured that I should own up to the fact that I had a prior relationship with the beautiful letter J and miss her, and if I didn't come clean you'd remind me...:rodekaart
No worries there! :) I figured that's what the edit was - and hey, all in good fun here!|>

In fact, there should probably be a rule that if you "miss" one of your previous pieces, you are disqualified! If TMW ever gets around to joining the game, he'll have a couple to own up to as well!

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Is anyone else even close?

·
Registered
259 Posts
A Shaq (Shack)
B Endurance II Chrono
C SMG-1
D SOA
E Soarway Diver
F This one is killing me. I give up. Absolutely no idea.
G Sinn U2
H Phantom (or maybe the Prometheus Chrono) :-d
I The Original Polar Surveyor (The first PS on the kobold website)
J 323 (only 20 made?! David Woo's 323 by chance?)
K The revised Polar Surveyor (the second PS on the Kobold website)

That was fun. I'm not a lume guy either but it was neat to look through some galleries and check out some different watches. Thanks for the entertainment!!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A Shaq (Shack)
B Endurance II Chrono
C SMG-1
D SOA
E Soarway Diver
F This one is killing me. I give up. Absolutely no idea.
G Sinn U2
H Phantom (or maybe the Prometheus Chrono) :-d
I The Original Polar Surveyor (The first PS on the kobold website)
J 323 (only 20 made?! David Woo's 323 by chance?)
K The revised Polar Surveyor (the second PS on the Kobold website)

That was fun. I'm not a lume guy either but it was neat to look through some galleries and check out some different watches. Thanks for the entertainment!!
Thanks for the vote!

I'm glad you enjoyed it! That was the intent, since I could've just as easily posted a "gallery" of shots (that's interesting, but not nearly as fun!).

I will post answers / daylight shots next weekend after all the dust settles!

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
I know you can't tell who is winning. It was an attempt at humor, sometimes lost on the blogs lol

1 - 20 of 44 Posts