WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new Kobold SOA is an awesome watch especially at the price that Kobold is currently offering it at. Since I'm use to wearing 24mm straps (SOA has 22mm lugs)on my Panerai's I decided to order a a Greg Strap for the new SOA a few weeks back. Since its a titanium watch I chose a Greg's Crazy horse with black stitch. I had Greg make it 24mm etched out to fit the Kobold 22mm lugs. I received the watch yesterday and Greg's strap arrived today. Here are a few pics of the Combo. It turned out better than I expected a very nice combo.

And for those wondering the box did not come with the watch.....From another watch

Thanks Kobold and Greg Straps

JIM

Attachments

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Wow, that's a damn nice combination. Never heard of Greg straps, could you provide more information about them? Enjoy a great watch!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yes, I too would like to hear more about Greg straps. I have a question: Does the strap have tubes? If so did you use them? I have a strap from Strap Culture & I can't get the long screw (tube hole is too small for long screw to fit thru) to fit inside the tube that came with the strap. Thanks

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
To quote my favorite celebutard, "that's hot!" Your Crazy Horse really complements the SOA. Excellent choice.

Regards,
Adam

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
Greg Straps are cool...

I've got a few in various sizes, to fit various watches. The CH is awesome, just got one in 22 mm, black stitch, raw edges, sweet.
DW

·
Registered
30 Posts
Great looking combo. Kobold is my home town watch maker...to bad I can't afford them, but I can still admire them from afar.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Thanks for sharing that Jim , very nice looking. I love the look of the SOA :p esp the left hand crown and no second hand. The GSS is awesome.
Regards
Robert
The new Kobold SOA is an awesome watch especially at the price that Kobold is currently offering it at. Since I'm use to wearing 24mm straps (SOA has 22mm lugs)on my Panerai's I decided to order a a Greg Strap for the new SOA a few weeks back. Since its a titanium watch I chose a Greg's Crazy horse with black stitch. I had Greg make it 24mm etched out to fit the Kobold 22mm lugs. I received the watch yesterday and Greg's strap arrived today. Here are a few pics of the Combo. It turned out better than I expected a very nice combo.

And for those wondering the box did not come with the watch.....From another watch

JIM

·
Banned
470 Posts
Nice combo, I've got a SOA on the way. Looks like a great watch but I wish it had 24mm lugs. However, I may try converting a few 24mm straps to 22 like yours. As far as an overall watch, it looks like the SOA will hold its own against the pam base for a fraction of the price.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I was just wondering if your screws fit thru the tubes in your strap. Mine didn't so I went to my local hardware store & bought some small tension rods. They work perfectly!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was just wondering if your screws fit thru the tubes in your strap. Mine didn't so I went to my local hardware store & bought some small tension rods. They work perfectly!
Hi,

I just put the Kobold pins thru the strap holes without any tubes. works fine don't see the need at least with the Greg Strap for additional tubes.

JIM

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Nice combo, I've got a SOA on the way. Looks like a great watch but I wish it had 24mm lugs. However, I may try converting a few 24mm straps to 22 like yours. As far as an overall watch, it looks like the SOA will hold its own against the pam base for a fraction of the price.
Hi ,

I do own many Pams , including several base models. The Kobold certainly does hold its own at the current price.

JIM

·
Registered
205 Posts

JIM
I also ordered a strap from Greg for my new Kobold SOA. I decided to go with historic brown and white stitching; I'm hoping it shows up within a week or so. I doubt I'll have it before Xmas, but it would be a nice surprise. |>

conorb

1 - 15 of 15 Posts