WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a Seiko Monster and a Kobold SS Seal?

If so....

How do they compare? I have one of these models and am wondering what people think in a direct comparison (weight, accuracy, quality, value, etc.)

Thank you for your time and responses.

:)

·
Registered
2,302 Posts

If so....

How do they compare? I have one of these models and am wondering what people think in a direct comparison (weight, accuracy, quality, value, etc.)

They are about as far apart (Apples and Oranges) as you can get. Both great watches, but really impossible to compare a $150 watch with a $2500.

I say get them both!
Al

·
Registered
26 Posts

If so....

I have the Seiko monster on black dial and i can tell you that this is a great watch. Now remember that this is a large watch so hope you like large watches. The lume on the dial is insane and the bezel looks really nice on it. This has a screw down crown and the band has both a flip and a lock so its very very secure. The metal finish is more polished than a brush but not as polished as a true polished (a nice middle). But i cant really compare it to a kobold since i don't own a kobold.

Hope this helps.

Emil

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
The Seal is the same diameter as the monster, 44mm. After that the similarities end. The Seal sits much taller as compared to the monster, weighs much more and is swiss made. The monster is an amazing watch for the price, but the Kobold feels and is much more substantial, and much better made. Of course that is shown in the difference in price. Plus the Seal lacks a day/date as Mike Kobold made it to be a diver tool watch and nothing else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts