·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
To kick this new thread off, here my Komandirskie in a model #33 case. When bought, I installed Favinov SuperLuminova hands, which are modern and not correct for the period of this watch.
Now, several years later, I learned the skill-set to (color-) lume hands myself and the current hands will be replaced with the correct hands to make the watch original again b-)

Attachments

·
Registered
25,025 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Here's one I'm wearing that's been beat to hell. The action is a bit wonky, sometimes speeding up or slowing down for no good reason at all. I recently lubricated it and adjusted it with my chronograph and it's still wonky. Despite it's flaws, I still wear it most of the time. It's been to about 7 different countries in the past year.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I started this thread on the wrong foot, or rather; with the wrong set of hands on my Soviet Komandirskie. Took today another set of hands, mixed the right color lume (matching color to the hour-dots on the dial) and re-lumed them.
Now my Komandirskie has the correct set of hands from the Soviet period ....... and with the "Superluminova" the watch has become useful during the night as well :)

Attachments

·
Registered
568 Posts
I started this thread on the wrong foot, or rather; with the wrong set of hands on my Soviet Komandirskie. Took today another set of hands, mixed the right color lume (matching color to the hour-dots on the dial) and re-lumed them.
Now my Komandirskie has the correct set of hands from the Soviet period ....... and with the "Superluminova" the watch has become useful during the night as well :)
I always liked that dial face, very nice! |>

·
Registered
25,025 Posts
Reactions: jimzilla

·
Registered
25,025 Posts
My imageshack link is taking me to youtube chanell. Is it ok? some tapatalk bug I think...
Ooops, sorry, I just copied my signature :-$

The first link is for my YouTube channel, the second one for my ImageShack gallery.

I suceed somehow. You ARE artist. Put more photos there for complete enjoyment.
Thank you so much for the kind words, stevarad. Appreciate :)

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Finally getting around to sending this off for a service.
Any strap suggestions other than NATO/ZULU?

View attachment 14270183 View attachment 14270185

Hey 24h, haven't talk to you lately I hope things go well for you comrade. I was wondering where you are getting the servicing done? I have a couple i need to have serviced and a few that need re lume.
The Tank watch looks *****en, I have the same one as well and I love it. Actually yours looke like it has been re lumed? my lume is rather brownish compaired to yours.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
White leather strap. Try it.
I don't know...I tried one of those Swiss Tropic rubber straps in white and I'm not sure I can pull off a white strap.
I'm almost as pale as the strap :-d

Nice. Do a 2 piece heavy NATO strap in slate grey, black or green from Clockwork Synergy. That would look great!
The hardware is too bulky on those straps. I found the 2-piece RAF NATO straps from Clockwork Synergy and those look promising although they might be a little long :-d

Hey 24h, haven't talk to you lately I hope things go well for you comrade. I was wondering where you are getting the servicing done? I have a couple i need to have serviced and a few that need re lume.
The Tank watch looks *****en, I have the same one as well and I love it. Actually yours looke like it has been re lumed? my lume is rather brownish compaired to yours.
Thanks, I'm doing well! I'm getting it serviced by Favinov because I had contacted him a while back and agreed to do the service. Last I heard, he was very busy and couldn't accept more work for the time being but it wouldn't hurt to check.
This is how the watch arrived to me, and I agree that the lume colors do not match. It's very likely that the watch was re-lumed. Here is a short discussion we had about this.

1 - 20 of 363 Posts