WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

361 - 380 of 419 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hereby my newly received Vostok Komandirskie 811958 on a leather strap, with his older brother 431289 (with Bezel 42 mod) on an orange NATO. Enjoy your weekend!
(Thanks Meranom, for your good service as always!)

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I have several amphibias but this is my first 'dirskie. Just couldn't resist this dial

Loving how slim and light it is, disappears on the wrist. The sunburst blue dial is lovely and all the printing is crisp, not bad for £30! But I've already managed to put a few scratches on the crystal
Not a big fan of the 18mm lugs, so I'm trying it out on a Casio strap which adds a bit more heft.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I have several amphibias but this is my first 'dirskie. Just couldn't resist this dial

Loving how slim and light it is, disappears on the wrist. The sunburst blue dial is lovely and all the printing is crisp, not bad for £30! But I've already managed to put a few scratches on the crystal
Not a big fan of the 18mm lugs, so I'm trying it out on a Casio strap which adds a bit more heft.
Ditto all the sentiments! Here’s my first Komandirskie (model 341248) after going thru several 420 case Amphibias that were too bulbous for my tiny wrist. This is way slimmer — both the caseback and the crystal — and I’m loving it. But the 18mm lugs are a real bummer, as anything but a NATO gives the lollipop effect.

·
Registered
163 Posts

Received Today.

·
Registered
881 Posts
What do you make of this one ?
mid 80’ ?
replaced hands ?

thanks comrades
I would say the hands are correct, are they the originals? impossible to know when all the lume on the dial is missing so there's nothing to compare...

EDIT: Looks like the bezel was originally on a Amphibia...(note the very deep round hole on the bezel to accommodate a lume pip)

I've never seen any evidence that the 34 case existed before 1987 but here's the image from the 1993 catalogue:

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Thanks ever so much Avidfan for all this info !
Also interesting that in 1993, at least 1 full year after the dissolution of the Soviet Union, the dial is still marked “made in CCCP”.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Thanks ever so much Avidfan for all this info !
Also interesting that in 1993, at least 1 full year after the dissolution of the Soviet Union, the dial is still marked “made in CCCP”.
Most of the dials in the 1993 catalogue are marked "Made in CCCP" with only a few transition ones, but of course it doesn't mean that they were the versions actually being made or sold, could be just a case of Vostok being too lazy to update their stock photo's...

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Most of the dials in the 1993 catalogue are marked "Made in CCCP" with only a few transition ones, but of course it doesn't mean that they were the versions actually being made or sold, could be just a case of Vostok being too lazy to update their stock photo's...

Yea, they reused the photos. Also used already made dials. I remember these days: people would not buy watches (luxury items) so the sales and production would be slowed significantly. Also factories had issues getting supplies they needed. Also no money to pay workers so people were sent home. All these would make the Soviet reserves last much longer than otherwise would happen if the economy is thriving. For months and as we see years they used what was left from the USSR time

·
Registered
881 Posts
Yea, they reused the photos. Also used already made dials. I remember these days: people would not buy watches (luxury items) so the sales and production would be slowed significantly. Also factories had issues getting supplies they needed. Also no money to pay workers so people were sent home. All these would make the Soviet reserves last much longer than otherwise would happen if the economy is thriving. For months and as we see years they used what was left from the USSR time
It's quite common to find dials with raised hour indices ground flat and repainted, absolutely nothing was wasted, you only find this out of course when you take the dial off for a service or repair...

And of course there was also a cost to remove "Made in USSR" from the print pads used to print dials, often the minute tracks on the print pads would have to be restored as well so there wouldn't be a gap at 6 o'clock, all at a time when money was scarce...

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
What do you make of this one ?
mid 80’ ?
replaced hands ?

View attachment 15364060

thanks comrades
The hands and date ring are real. The above people are right- anytime from 80's thru early 90's. I have several from late 80's thru 1990 (purchased in 1990) The bezel may be original, or may be replaced, Check the movement if it's marked "SU" it'll most likely be older as they dropped the "SU" markings in the late 80's (I think- correct me if i'm wrong here- trying to remember facts from faraway website read)

361 - 380 of 419 Posts