WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

401 - 419 of 419 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Do you know if the central seconds vostok GMT movement also fits?
I don't have any direct knowledge of that, but I recall seeing elsewhere in this forum that the central seconds GMT movements (for example, K-34 Komandirskie 470.612 cal. 2426 ) are taller and they might have a clearance problem with the crystal on a stock Amphibia case.

If you have one on hand, you can try it.

BTW I found the thread about that mod:
2426 w/GMT complication

A picture of the type in question. BTW these have mineral glass crystal.

·
Registered
19,333 Posts
Old Vostok Komandirskie

·
Registered
101 Posts

It's not an official Komandirskie, but it is in spirit.
The biggest differences, other than the dial labeling, is that the movement doesn't hack, and the date indicator wheel uses plain font, while Komandirskies of this late era had a special, wider font.

·
Registered
101 Posts

I was a bit hesitant to share this one because it's not all correct at the moment, but oh well, here goes:
It has a first generation dial, but all three hands and the date indicator wheel are from a 2nd generation Komandirskie.
It should have the necktie hands and the smaller arrow seconds hand. You can't see it but the caseback is also labeled "2214", while 1st gen should not indicate the movement type. The date indicator should be the wide font type. See below:

As it stands, everything is consistent with this watch being a gen 2 with a retrofitted gen 1 dial. Don't worry, I'm acquiring the parts to set things right. This watch will get a gen 2 dial, and this present dial will go on a gen 1 watch with a destroyed dial that's in the mail from Belarus.

It should look like this: (not my watch, photo from the internet)

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
That strap is an authentic russian one ( I believe) and the picture is usually a Soviet cosmonaut but I can't quite make out who from the angle.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
In my strap box I believe they don't come along that often so I try and keep them for special occasions.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Just try and keep it clean and not let it dry out. They are not particularly good quality leather.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Since the quality of leather isn't that great is the reason that I was asking. But I also believe it's a strap that should be shown oh, I just now need to look for the watch to go with it

401 - 419 of 419 Posts