WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
541 - 553 of 553 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Newly arrived.

Bezel came from eBay. Guess I wasn't the first with the idea, but as a utility feature it just works. Unambiguous dual time-zones. Also fitted it with a leather strap off eBay as the stock one's to tight for my wrist. Added an anti-magnetic back for ****s and giggles and because I liked the antarctica motif.

As it is, it feels dense and solid - even if getting the bezel on took enough force that I scratched it. It's also incredibly quiet when running - compared to my Raketa, it takes effort to hear it tic.

For the money, it's hard to go wrong. It tells time, feels reasonably indestructable and reasonably repairable. As a thing, it feels honest and unpretentious. It's also dead quiet while running --- barely audible ticking while I can hear my Raketa even when it's on my desk a metre away.

EDIT:

Seemed to be running 40-seconds to a minute fast each day. Nudged the lever a little bit and got that down to 'less than a second and hour'. Doesn't take much if any adjustment to swing it wildly.

Nice piece of kit though. Easy to get the back off. The bits you need to access are 'Right There' and it has an immediate response.

Super Edit:

Have had a look in the back to tweek the speed. Currently I've got it running to around 5-seconds a day - which isn't bad at all.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Finally found a watch to go with this strap - a 2234 ЗАКАЗ МО - though Komandirskie is not written on it, so I'm not sure it's a Komandirskie... but with a hacking 2234 it would have to be?

If it's per chance a franken, then they've done a hell of a job with it, and I'd still gladly keep it.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Finally found a watch to go with this strap - a 2234 ЗАКАЗ МО - though Komandirskie is not written on it, so I'm not sure it's a Komandirskie... but with a hacking 2234 it would have to be?

View attachment 16081381

View attachment 16081383

If it's per chance a franken, then they've done a hell of a job with it, and I'd still gladly keep it.
Bear in mind a hacking 2234 movement is 18 jewels, but you can see what it says on the dial...

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Bear in mind a hacking 2234 movement is 18 jewels, but you can see what it says on the dial...
Oh yeah, didn't think of that. Well I like the watch anyway, honestly I didn't expect it to hack... maybe the movement was replaced? Has anyone seen this dial? Seems too well made for a franken - or is jt just a very well made franken? Or just a mish mash of (legit) parts?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Oh yeah, didn't think of that. Well I like the watch anyway, honestly I didn't expect it to hack... maybe the movement was replaced? Has anyone seen this dial? Seems too well made for a franken - or is jt just a very well made franken? Or just a mish mash of (legit) parts?
If that's a franken, I don't care. It looks great.

Oh, and here's what I'm wearing today.

Instagram: @vta_watch

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hmm. Looking up the yellow I bought with thoughts of getting another. Following the link from where I purchased it. It's gone. Replaced by a 24hour version. I know the yellow isn't rare but now most listings are on eBay. I guess I'm glad I got when I did. Maybe the Russian banana wasn't that popular or was super popular(?). I mean, come on...who buys a yellow watch besides a couple guys on here?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hmm. Looking up the yellow I bought with thoughts of getting another. Following the link from where I purchased it. It's gone. Replaced by a 24hour version. I know the yellow isn't rare but now most listings are on eBay. I guess I'm glad I got when I did. Maybe the Russian banana wasn't that popular or was super popular(?). I mean, come on...who buys a yellow watch besides a couple guys on here?
I bought a similar banana. Wanna know why? Because I drive a banana. [Picture was taken literally seconds after taking the watch out of the box. It's been sized accordingly after that photo, haha]

·
Registered
100 Posts
Also, bonus Macro shot of a partial Komandirskie dial

I genuinely do not know if that thing/line in the upper half of the 6 is a hair or not. Wouldn't surprise me; I wasn't amazed by the quality/feel of the watch, but I still love it

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I bought a similar banana. Wanna know why? Because I drive a banana. [Picture was taken literally seconds after taking the watch out of the box. It's been sized accordingly after that photo, haha]

Hello MUSTANG brother!!!
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

541 - 553 of 553 Posts