WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Watchmaking underground breaks in with unusual skull watch concept!

KOPF means 'Head' in German.

Features:
- Skull shaped case
- Eyes show hours and minutes, two separate sapphire crystals
- 'Chewing' jaw for a better fit on the wrist
- Tritium markers on dial and hand pointers
- Numbered 100 pcs STAHLKOPF + 100 pcs BRONZEKOPF
- Solid gold GOLDKOPF can be manufactured upon request
- Every piece bears its owners initials and a short message for the Future

Project was started about 1,5 years ago, 3D CGI artist Fred Bekher helped with rendering and initial modelling:

Base movement ETA 2892-A2 automatic, manufacture made 'Big-Eyes' module. Case dimensions 37x53 mm.

Hope we will find a time to start production in 2018 with our CNC machine park. First alpha-version prototype is ready to try on wrist, preorder is open =)

Some geometry corrections will be made, the design itself is quite flexible. It can be 'charactered' into diverse models and names.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
The lines look very refined and the luster in those rendering is perfect. Hopefully you can replicate that finish in your final product. Not really my style, but it looks great for what it is, nice and cohesive design.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thank you for your appreciation!!!

Wow, that's really cool. Just out of curiosity, what is the pre-order price?
It depends on quantity and quality.
- Module & wheels finishing must be closer to Geneva seal standard.
- WR100 means high precision of case parts, it's expensive as well.
- Case look & finish must be excellent. So a lot of hand work to do, many complex shaped parts.
Current costs calculations suggest the price of 6400 USD for the first 100 pieces numbered and personalized, bearing contributor's initials and message.
For 2018 contributors it will be $6000.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The lines look very refined and the luster in those rendering is perfect. Hopefully you can replicate that finish in your final product. Not really my style, but it looks great for what it is, nice and cohesive design.
I believe we could manage it... is it similar finish to this unit in the link below?
https://german242.com/en/audemars-piguet-minute-repeater-tourbillon-new-watch-case-manufacturing/

But actually I would love to see it finished like... Beretta or Desert Eagle =)
If this topic will be interesting, I would add more photos here as it progresses in manufacturing.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I believe we could manage it... is it similar finish to this unit in the link below?
https://german242.com/en/audemars-piguet-minute-repeater-tourbillon-new-watch-case-manufacturing/

But actually I would love to see it finished like... Beretta or Desert Eagle =)
If this topic will be interesting, I would add more photos here as it progresses in manufacturing.
It is similar but the look I am referring to is the brushed aluminum look. Looks very matte for a brushed finish.

·
Registered
660 Posts
So not my style and yet so amazing. Luckily it’s priced well above my budget, so it solves the dilemma for me.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,859 Posts
I love it. It’s well out of my reach. But I love it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
This is a very unique style, and well done for what it is. My biggest concern would be finding enough customers who are willing and able to pay that much for a watch and who also want a skull design. If I were to pay that much for a watch, i would want a much more traditional go anywhere, do anything watch. Your market research will be critical to your success or failure here.

This design would probably be relatively easy to knock off with a quartz movement and less expensive components. Depending on what your market research reveals and how many you realistically believe you can sell, this design should probably be the subject of a design patent application and/or copyright application.

·
Registered
129 Posts
It just looks awesome! From all the skull watches I have seen, this one is the most "Skull" oriented. But what about that nose? Any function?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts