WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Excellent looking prototype. But I find the hands hard to read.

Reactions: german

·
Banned
11 Posts
Super cool design. I think a larger scale production would be cool however and a bit lower of a price point. However, exclusivity is what people love.

·
Banned
52 Posts
I must say the lines look very refined and the luster in those rendering is perfect. Hopefully you can replicate that finish in your final product. Not really my style, but it looks great for what it is, nice and cohesive design.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Thank you for such a kind opinions!

Fully working prototype made in bronze.
Some surfaces must be complicated, also working on steel version)))

View attachment 13680665 View attachment 13680669
Just a thought. Where the 'nose' is, would it be possible to make it drilled through with sapphire to a piece of movement below? Otherwise, fantastic project and workmanship

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thank you friends for positive feedbacks and ideas!

KOPF still have no brothers, living alone on this planet ))

Five months on the wrist with wearing & testing: made more readable hands and improved module wheel train.

Bronze has got 'sunburst'...Check today's photo, what do you think of patina?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
April update: stainless steel case re-designed version.
A lot of hand-polishing and hand-hammering work, complicated surfaces needs extra accurate work.

Plans: Dials & hands enhancement =)

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
April update: stainless steel case re-designed version.
A lot of hand-polishing and hand-hammering work, complicated surfaces needs extra accurate work.

Plans: Dials & hands enhancement =)

That's awesome. The extra detail work really gives it more features and more face like. Maybe some blood red hands as strong colour contrast against the steel?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
Updates: KOPF timepiece Nr. 002 is finished, what do you think about his tritium blue eyes?

Going slowly, it's still generally a kind of after-work activity.
I think I must work on quality improvements at caseback side... :roll:

Friendly magazine guys just made a short video footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_49gw44QR6Y

·
Registered
124 Posts
Updates: KOPF timepiece Nr. 002 is finished, what do you think about his tritium blue eyes?

Going slowly, it's still generally a kind of after-work activity.
I think I must work on quality improvements at caseback side... :roll:

Friendly magazine guys just made a short video footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_49gw44QR6Y

I think it is very cool. Love the bronze version mixed with the colors from this one. Just needs some refining.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
This is a really unique design! It sort of reminds me of the CGI animated movie 9 a bit.

I think a "crystal skull" could be an interesting concept to play with too, maybe also adding small jewels to the 'eyes'. In any case this is super impressive. Great work!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts