WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am new to these boards and need to ask this questions to all our enthusiasts. I am receiving a watch on trade for some design work I've done for a client, and I know nothing of the brand. Any insight would be hugely beneficial as I will most likely be posting this for sale as soon as I get it.

I've gone to their site and see the $2950 MSRP - but what is this/their brand really worth?

Krieger Gigantium Watch

Model No. K7007D.1.8
DIAMETER - 43MM
CASE - Stainless Steel
CASE FINISH - Diamond Bezel features SI1G Color. 1 Carat. 86 Stones
DIAL - Mother of Pearl
MOVEMENT - Manual Wound Mechanical Swiss Movement
RESERVE - 42 Hour
CRYSTAL - Double Dome Anti-reflec.tive Sapphire Crystal
Depth - 5 ATM
CROWN - Oversized Kings Crown Sapphire Tip
BACK - Exhibition Back With Sap.phire Crystal
STRAP SIZE - 20MM – Unique Divers Cut
MANUFACTURED in Switzerland
Limited Edition 2000 in Stainles Steel

Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Yep, $300 sounds correct!

·
Moderator at Large
53,157 Posts
Do not know what it is worth or goes for. I wouldn't pull the trigger on that one whatever the specs are. A new competitor for the "ugly watch" thread. Sorry. to say. Get cash.

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,063 Posts
At one time Krieger was known for producing some really interesting and attractive chronometers that showed both tidal and lunar information. Those watches were notable for an elegant, simple and easily read display. Several years ago I stopped looking at their watches after their designs became more trendy and flashy. I see they are continuing down that road.

You may want to contact the Pawn Stars in Vegas for a valuation...
Or search Ebay.

You may want to switch back to cash instead of merchandise for payment.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
My little eye spies a "Made in Switzerland" on the dial?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My little eye spies a "Made in Switzerland" on the dial?
Yes. One set of specs I've found says: "Swiss ETA hand wound mechanical". The specs seem to indicate a rather decent watch. I am just unsure to even put it up for sale here... just to get laughed off the boards afterwards.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I doubt you'll be laughed off the boards, but you wont see anything near $3000 for it. It's probably a decent watch mecanically (its kind of hard to go wrong with the parts involved) but the look and design is, ehrm, an acquired taste I believe.

Ask for cash.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It's only worth what someone will pay. A quick search on ebay shows that most are not selling unless they are under $1000 or so. I wouldn't pay that much when so many other quality brands are available, in high demand, and will be a lot less money.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
On ebay (still can be searched), a similarly styled Krieger Gigantium but with a pearl dial, limited to 100, and black plating, sold for $,1601.37 with 34 bids. It had a retail of $5,795. It had all presentation boxes and manuals and expressed warranty and card.....in " Brand New" condition. So if that gives you any idea of what you may be able to sell it for.

·
Registered
8,344 Posts
Indeed, sadly, you are posting among a pack of watch minimalists, and these conservatives probably don't appreciate the appeal to the hoi polloi that this watch may have. You will probably not have the best luck selling it here on WUS, but on eBay you may have better luck finding people who like fugly big watches. (Ugh did I just say that? Sorry... ) Yes, accentuate the SWISSNESS ETA movement and the LIMITED EDITION, and get your payment in PayPash.

(If it helps to put in context, people here on WUS say nice things about Bernhardt watches that use the same movement and charge $299, with classier design.)

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,063 Posts
that crown is a bit too small and dainty for my liking....
lol!

Yes. One set of specs I've found says: "Swiss ETA hand wound mechanical". The specs seem to indicate a rather decent watch. I am just unsure to even put it up for sale here... just to get laughed off the boards afterwards.
There are a lot of decent swiss mechanical movements, but the movement is usually not the primary determinant of price. Haven't looked at the movement in your watch but the size and placement of the sub-seconds dial makes me think its a modified ETA 6498 movement originally designed for use in pocketwatches.
Does the movement look something like the one below? Because of the diamonds and overall style of the watch you should consider having the watch appraised for sale (not for insurance). You may want to consign it to a known watch retailer in one of the big cities.

And from the Krieger site here is the appropriately large Gigantium brochure from 2008.

http://www.kriegerwatch.com/_img/catalog.pdf

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
This is what happens when watch stylists aren't breast fed.

Reactions: sl7vk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. The encouraging and even the not-so-encouraging!

edited by mod: No WTT or FS posts here, pls. read our rules & guidelines. They are very clear.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts