WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 355 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

The Kurono special second-anniversary edition 朱鷺:Toki will be time-limited for exactly 10 minutes from the time of launch (21st May 2021 2300hrs JST.
Pre-orders start 21st May 2021 2300hrs JST
JST 23:00 PM - Tokyo, Japan
PST 07:00 AM - California, United States
EST 10:00 AM - New York, United States
CET 16:00 PM - Central European Time
GST 18:00 PM - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
AEST 00:00 AM - Canberra, Australia
SGT 22:00 PM - Singapore, Singapore

SPECIFICATIONS
  • Premium-grade Miyota 90S5 movement
  • Mechanical automatic winding
  • 316L high-polished 37mm stainless steel case
  • Case Diameter: 37mm
  • Thickness: 7mm incl sapphire
  • Bracelet Strap: Black calf leather
  • Dial Finish: Metallic coral radial sunburst
  • Power Reserve: 40 hours
  • Jewels: 24 rubies
  • Glass: Sapphire crystal
  • Frequency: 28,800bph
  • Water Resistance: 3 ATM
  • Strap Widths: 20/16mm
  • Made in Japan
Delivery: Starting Mid-June 2021
Price: JPY189,900 / USD1,738 excluding applicable taxes

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Pretty In Pink

Reactions: Nokie

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As a large waisted man 37mm is borderline what I can do. 38 already looks small but I can excuse a dress watch at least...

·
Registered
639 Posts
Saw the Mori for sale here and just shook my head. Launch price was similar to the Toki if memory serves, and the seller here wanted about 3x that.
I guess I just had my first scalper experience.

The Toki looks lovely, but it will be snatched up by jag-offs in the 10 minute buying window and then sold a-la-Rolex for stupid money later.
Parts of this hobby really suck.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Saw the Mori for sale here and just shook my head. Launch price was similar to the Toki if memory serves, and the seller here wanted about 3x that.

The Toki looks lovely, but it will be snatched up by jag-offs in the 10 minute buying window and then sold a-la-Rolex for stupid money later.
Well a Rolex is only worth $2000 in materials and labor cost as well, so why not sell the Kurono for $6000?

·
Registered
131 Posts

it sounds a bit like the Ming launch, where everybody who wants one can get one in that ten min window. If thats the case, I'm tempted!

"Kurono will honor ALL orders placed within the 10 minute ordering window. Each customer is limited to 1 watch only. It will only be available for purchase on www.kuronotokyo.com - Please ensure you have a registered account with us. You can create an account with us via this link."

·
Registered
2,998 Posts

It's a time limited release, just like Ming did with the 17.09. The "jagoffs" can't do anything, everybody who wants a watch will get one, provided they're up to date with the brand and are aware of the release date.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Glad that I will have the opportunity to buy a Kurono, assuming the ordering process within the 10-minute mark will be smooth like Ming’s. Good move by Kurono in this regard. (y)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thought i was done for the year :p ... i will be lining up for this though methinks...

right price - crazy to see prior versions going for 3x plus...

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
cool for them to honor all orders within that timeframe instead of having some limited run. Hope the order process goes smoothly for the people that want them. I really wish it was more "standard" color, as not sure I have wrist time for a salmon dial, even though I really like how it looks.

·
Premium Member
12,016 Posts
If i remember the launch, i might give it a try. You need to create an account? I did get the email notice.

·
Registered
6,270 Posts
Too bad they could not keep the Japanese writing throughout the whole dial. It would of looked more Japanese that way.

日本製 looks much better.

·
Registered
7,177 Posts
That's a nice way to do an LE while giving everyone a chance to get it. Hope the servers hold up. Better let your CC know ahead of time in case you find yourself calling the CC to let the order through and the time lapses. Not my cup of tea though.

Reactions: StanleyInquisition

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Timed releases should be the universal method to release highly sought after pieces IMO. I had the black and white 'Reiwa', and with the large white outer rings/border I felt that it wore even smaller than 37mm normally does so I ended up selling it. But this version, with the single colored dial I think will wear closer to true 37mm. I've been thinking of picking up a pink dial watch and I still do love the kanji, hands, and metal detailing on the dial, so I will definitely be picking this one up!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
The script font used for "Automatic" seem a bit out of place to me (given the other fonts used on the dial), but the rest of the dial looks nice.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I have the SUF Frosted Salmon and the Ming 17.09 Burgundy incoming. Tempted to go for this one to complete the trifecta, but concerned that there is too much color overlap. Wish I had the Mori or eggshell white one instead. From the pictures, it seems less salmon and more copperish pink to me. What do you guys think?

1 - 20 of 355 Posts