WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,

what are your thoughts on Lüm-Tec (Lum-Tec) 300M-1 and the upcoming Lüm-Tec 300M-4 dive watches ?

cheers!

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
I think the 300 series are great looking watches. I came close to buying the 40mm, but the price is fairly high for that Seiko movement inside. I really don't like the color combo of the 4 series.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the 300 series are great looking watches. I came close to buying the 40mm, but the price is fairly high for that Seiko movement inside. I really don't like the color combo of the 4 series.
exactly my thoughts.
300M-1: great look, average movement.
300M-4 : great movement, not great color combination.

anyone has one of these before?
i heard that the bezel action is too loose.

·
Registered
389 Posts
i haven't tried the new 300m's but have fiddled with a few others. Fit n finish is really average for what u r paying. Lume is good but not great considering that what the brand is tooting. Side by side, the average chinese made amidas, helsons benarus r much better watches at a lower cost. :-!

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
exactly my thoughts.
300M-1: great look, average movement.
300M-4 : great movement, not great color combination.

anyone has one of these before?
i heard that the bezel action is too loose.
The Seiko movement in the 300M-1 is a great workhorse though it lacks the beat rate of the ETA but in it's defense I've a new Seiko Monster with the same movement that's keeping excellent time. The 300M-4 has IMO a movement the equal of the ETA but I agree the colour combination isn't to my liking either. As for the bezel being loose, I'm on the Lum-tec forum on WTF and to be honest no-one there is complaining about their bezel being loose, I think you might be referring to the earlier 500M.

i haven't tried the new 300m's but have fiddled with a few others. Fit n finish is really average for what u r paying. Lume is good but not great considering that what the brand is tooting. Side by side, the average chinese made amidas, helsons benarus r much better watches at a lower cost. :-!
I can't agree about the fit and finish and by all accounts the 300M is exceptional with a beautiful multi-layered dial and an excellent finished bracelet and neither can I agree about there Lume quality or lasting power because my orange lumed M57 is approaching as good as my Monster and if anything I reckon it brightness lasts a little bit longer.

p.s.
I'm not trying to convince anyone about buying a Lumtec, but I'm super happy with my M57 rating its dial to be one of the cleanest lume application I've ever seen, plus its latest anti-reflection crystals combined with their new anti-reflective black dial have to be seen to be believed. But if you need convincing they good just check out the section on Watchtalkforums and see just how many members on there that own several. There's one guy on there called Ladd Gardener who rates the finish on his 300M to be superior to his Rolex diver, high praise.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
I had one of the first 300 when they came out 2 years(??) ago. I flipped it almost instantly, because of the loose bezel, the cheap rubber strap, the too domed crystal and the cheap looking lume. BUT, I think they have come a long way and have improved their products in the meantime.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
I had one of the first 300 when they came out 2 years(??) ago. I flipped it almost instantly, because of the loose bezel, the cheap rubber strap, the too domed crystal and the cheap looking lume. BUT, I think they have come a long way and have improved their products in the meantime.
Thats a picture of a 500M not the 300M and the fact you are mentioning the dome being too high (the 300M is flat) makes me think your post should read "I had one of the first 500​".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts