WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't remember where I bought this watch, but it was about 13 years ago. It was cheap, maybe a hundred bucks, and came in a beautiful wood box. It's named L.B. Audemars, clearly as a marketing tool with absolutely no provenance, and a cheap auto movement from China.
I found the watch in the back of a rarely used draw today and I was reminded how beautiful the dial is, how perfect the size and weight (39mm/unsure of the weight but similar to a Rolex DateJust). Even under a low power magnifying glass, the entire watch (minus the movement) is really attractive.

The company looks like they are out of business now and holding this watch makes me wonder if they were to have created a real name, bought a quality ETA movement, and sold the watch for $2,500, if they would have started a successful venture.

Did anyone else ever buy one of these?

IMG_6513.jpg
IMG_6509.jpg

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
My goodness what fond memories this brings back - when I was in med school my dad bought me one of these as a gift. I wore it for several months and enjoyed it (wasn't a WIS at the time). It garnered a lot of attention. Loved the wooden box. Sadly it fell on the kitchen floor and broke, never to be worn again. Reminds me of how lucky I was to have a father like mine. Wish I had bought him an awesome watch - lord knows he deserved it.

NM

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A sub $100 beautiful watch with a power reserve, date complication, hack seconds hand, and 24hr subdial. I even had a bigtime Hollywood agent grab my arm and ask if I was wearing a Breguet. Since finding this watch after many years, I really wonder who made the dial and why we don't see other sub $500 watches with this level of detail.

Thoughts? What watches have you seen that would compare? I would love to see some pictures.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
A sub $100 beautiful watch with a power reserve, date complication, hack seconds hand, and 24hr subdial. I even had a bigtime Hollywood agent grab my arm and ask if I was wearing a Breguet. Since finding this watch after many years, I really wonder who made the dial and why we don't see other sub $500 watches with this level of detail.

Thoughts? What watches have you seen that would compare? I would love to see some pictures.
See - you could have said - 'No, it's an Audemars'. You wouldn't be lying!

Thanks for sharing the story and the pics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts