WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,

I am new here and I am waiting for my laco augsburg (laco 21 movement miyota 821a), should be arriving tomorrow via fedex.
anyone own the augsburg and have any negative experience with it?
i've not seen many review on the augsburg though

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
okay, i've received the watch today afternoon, here are some short review and images..
Brown Leather Fashion accessory Wallet Strap
requested a calf brown strap upon shipping, they did it but the colour isn't the same as shown in their website. It is more dark.
watch came in good condition with no scratches, of cos the front and back glass had a layer of plastic protection.
the box is as long as the watch, kinda unique. (i've not seen a watch box like this long)
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Brown Fashion accessory
crown was good, tried manual winding it with no problem. set the time and got reminded this movement has no hacking seconds.
like the dial with"made in germany", all markers are align correctly
hour and minute needle are fine..
Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory Watch Buckle
the automatic laco 21 movement (miyota 821a)
heard reviews about it being loud, i had no problem with it
unless you shake your wrist hard and put it to your ear, else you won't hear a sound
Watch Analog watch Wrist Watch accessory Fashion accessory
wrist shot
yes i have small wrist (6") asian hand and small bone for me
no it is not properly adjusted because the strap came too long for my small wrist, will go and punch holes tomorrow for this beauty
Green Measuring instrument Clock Gauge Auto part
charged the lume for 10 seconds using my iphone 6s plus torchlight
lights off and ta da..lume is great, lazy to measure how long did the lume last but i guess it will last pretty long with the superluminova c3.

Overall: 7/10 (worth the money)
delivery was very fast, ordered on tuesday and got it in thursday.
I will update a review as time goes with this beauty. I choose this over steinhart because I have small wrist, steinhart 44mm case and 14mm height, the augsburg 42m case and 13mm height
didn't mind the movement (miyota 821a) as I dun need a super accurate watch for whatever purpose
this augsburg will be my weekend watch
LACO customer service was great before I buy, Sarah answer every of my question. not sure about after sales service.
thank you LACO and fedex, for swift delivering such a fine watch to me in good condition.

·
Registered
151 Posts
nice! i've been wearing the past two days and haven't got any problem. the lume is awesome. great looking leather too.
Yeah, it is a very high quality watch....In fact, I do not understand why people would by Fliegers from companies other than the original companies like Laco.

And yeah, the strap is great!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, it is a very high quality watch....In fact, I do not understand why people would by Fliegers from companies other than the original companies like Laco.

And yeah, the strap is great!
yes, laco has proven themselves great. there is no stopping for me to get the second one from them!
probably a type B or auto chronograph.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
One question, thinking of picking up the 42mm Augsburg. I can't tell from the pictures but are the hands blue or black in colour ?

And anyone knows what the lug to lug measurement is?

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Moderator Emeritus
55,426 Posts
Matte black would be my description. L2L is about 50mm. One member measured 50,5 but I am not sure 50,5 is correct.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Matte black would be my description. L2L is about 50mm. One member measured 50,5 but I am not sure 50,5 is correct.
Ah thanks for the reply, I guess only the more expensive Laco with Swiss movements have the heat blued hands.

·
Vendor
416 Posts
Ah thanks for the reply, I guess only the more expensive Laco with Swiss movements have the heat blued hands.

That's correct. Our "original" pilot watches have the blued hands, the others like the "Augsburg" have only mat black hands filled with Superluminova.
You can see it here:
Speedometer Font Auto part Watch Odometer

And like Mike already said lug to lug is 50 mm, not 50,5...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Love my Augsburg! It was my first automatic watch and I wore it for 2 years everyday. I ended up changing out the strap for a Di Modell pilot style riveted strap and it looks great! I probably wear it 70% of the time over my other two watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Love my Augsburg! It was my first automatic watch and I wore it for 2 years everyday. I ended up changing out the strap for a Di Modell pilot style riveted strap and it looks great! I probably wear it 70% of the time over my other two watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a lovely group of watches.
After about 2-3 months thinking about it, I've basically got my heart set on the same Laco. But I've got one question, the dial indices seem to have a greenish tinge. Depending on which photo you look at the intensity varies. Is it white with slight greenish tinge; or basically green?
It makes a difference, I'm not sure if I would like it too green.

·
Registered
93 Posts
That's a lovely group of watches.
After about 2-3 months thinking about it, I've basically got my heart set on the same Laco. But I've got one question, the dial indices seem to have a greenish tinge. Depending on which photo you look at the intensity varies. Is it white with slight greenish tinge; or basically green?
It makes a difference, I'm not sure if I would like it too green.

Thanks! All three serve their purpose. I always find myself wearing the laco though since it's so familiar. The indices are white, but the lume is green, so the white has a green tinge especially after being in bright light for a while. It is a great dial though and the colors are very complimentary.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts