Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 264 Posts

·
Watchuseek Journalist
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are details for LACO Baumuster A project:

- beadblasted stainless steel case (side inscription "FL23883")
- domed anti reflecting sapphire crystal
- massive case back with deep laser engravement (mumbered 1-50)
- ETA handwinding movement 2801 with top finish and hack (stop second by pulling the crown)
- blue coloured hands with luminova C3
- brown original pilot strap
- additional black leather strap
- additional display case back with surcharge 40 Euros
- LACO watch gift box
- Laco signed certificate
- Price 560 Euros (without EU tax)
- Free shipping

If you are interested in reserving this watch, please email the following information to [email protected]:

- Your Full name
- Your Email address
- Your Mailing address (where you want to ship the watch)
- Your Phone number
- Your Edition number (please have couple of numbers just in case of conflict)
- Massive, Display, or both Case back
- Strap size normal (16,5 cm) XL (18 cm) XXL (20,5 cm).
The normal size in fact is for small wrist.
We normally send the XL version for average wrist.
The XXL version is for big wrist.

Once all 50 editions are reserved, Laco will invoice you directly to your email.

The deadline for signing up is November 10th.

This has been posted under the new Baumuster A reference thread.
The major decision now is for the blue hands???

Cheers,
Bhanu

·
Registered
170 Posts
Re: LACO Baumuster A Special Edition (Forum Project Wach) - Discussion

Yes yes, blue hands will be great! I am for blue hands and am willing to wait for it.

Damn im so excited now! Sorry a noob here, but by saying additional display back means it is additional to the solid back it comes with and I can change it on anytime right?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts

I'm in favour of real blued steel hands.

Another thing that would be great, but maybe not possible, would be an acrylic crystal instead of sapphire.

Any pics of the real movement? It would help for those uncertain to get display back or not.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts

I think the 1940ies original had a mineral crystal. Sounds NOT like acrylic on tapping.
I am not 100% sure, the only way to test it would be to scratch test my watchcrystal.
Any other ways to test, non-destructive that is?

·
Registered
324 Posts

Hey All,

Here is my mock up of what it will look like.
The photo isn't mine its fachiro1

Cheers

·
Registered
323 Posts
Re: LACO Baumuster A Special Edition (Forum Project Wach) - Quick Reference and Ordering I

Bhanu, what is the dial size?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Re: LACO Baumuster A Special Edition (Forum Project Wach) - Quick Reference and Ordering I

To be more precise, 42mm is the case diameter, not sure what's the exact size of the dial, somthing around 37mm I guess.

·
Registered
323 Posts

wow... then there will be "stowa AO serial vs laco wus type A" thread soon.. :-d

Last time I checked im not Bhanu but it's 42mm diameter. :) Just trying to help.

·
Registered
36 Posts

it's very interesting. I love laco fliegers, my series 1 it's amazing..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi! I have a question. would you know when they are going to send out the watch I mean is the watch all ready to be shipped out now or LAco will start assemble the watch after they receive the payment?
Just curious :roll:.

cheers,
Don

·
Watchuseek Journalist
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I had requested a few pictures from Laco so we can discuss the dial, blue hands, engraving, etc.

Original Laco A dial

Original Laco A watch

ETA 2801 movement with the finish

Massive case back engraving (This is a mock-up)

Display case back engraving mock-up

This is blue hands example of colored hands (rather than real steel blue)
Ofcourse the hands are not the correct shape for B-Uhr but this gives an example of what they look like.

I will post an example of real blue hands soon to get a comparision.

Cheers,
Bhanu

·
Registered
1,185 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
solid caseback engraving approved! Will this be a limited edition piece? We better get this concensus going so there won't be any hard feelings with Laco later. Should we just let go of the numbers? :think:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Just a quick observation. I have a Steinhart Nav-B LE with blue painted hands and a Stowa Airman LE with blued tempered hands. Most often than not I prefer the painted hands of the Steinhart as they look blue most of the time (it was beautifully executed not a cheapo painted blue). The Stowa only turns blue under direct sunlight. Euro110 for the hands is too much IMHO. I would be willing to pay a few hundred Euros for a better movement but im not too sure with the hands. Just my 2 cents.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Thanks for that, Paulo!
So I have to wrap it up in an old soft sock again when storing it. Do not want to get the crystal scratched!

So Laco did have a pic of the original "A" dial. Tried to find one on the net, without success.

·
Registered
26 Posts
what I meant was if the watches are assembled before the payment so they will send straight away after the payment was received.. I am not expecting the watch without paying for them anyway.

1 - 20 of 264 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.