WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This will be pretty much similar to our Baumuster B.
- 42mm Laco sandblasted case
- FL23883 engraving on the side
- ETA handwound hacking movement
- Same crown
- 1x original pilots strap and 1x perforated pilots strap

We will have to decide on the rear engraving and have a better Type A dial reprinted.

Please sign in if you are interested (we need the numbers to push this project) :

1) hwilsdorf (Jason)
2) Mescalito (Florian)
3) ht8306 (Henry)

regards,
Jason

·
Registered
11,273 Posts
I just want to make it clear that the Laco Baumuster A is not yet an official "WUS LE" project, and won't be until cleared with the mods., and Ernie. ;-)

My understanding is that at present there are several contenders for a Watchuseek project watch, and that the selection process (which may result in a single one, or even two watches) has not yet been completed.

I take it this thread is like a poll to deteremine firm support for the Laco Baumuster A as a project watch. It should not be taken to mean that other options (A-11, field watch) have dropped off the list.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
I'm interested. And, as I've mentioned elsewhere, I'm still interested in an A-11.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'll be interested in this one ! and hello to everyone here, I know I don't participate much but I read you and can provide references....eh, Paulo ? :-!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I back Mario's integrity at 200%! :-d

And a few of the regulars here know him from other places... ;-)

Good to see you here Mario, un abrazo! :-!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am interested. Any chance to use Durowe movement?

Hi Hary,

I asked that same question a long time ago and Peter's reply was it won't fit the case. I even asked for any vintage movement lying around the factory except for the 2824 and he said there are plenty but non of them would fit too. :think:

regards,
Jason

·
Registered
806 Posts
Please count me in for either Baumuster A or A-11. Thanks!:-!

·
Registered
487 Posts
i'm in for Baumuster A

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Hi Hary,

I asked that same question a long time ago and Peter's reply was it won't fit the case. I even asked for any vintage movement lying around the factory except for the 2824 and he said there are plenty but non of them would fit too. :think:

regards,
Jason
Thanks Jason. I guess everything is possible, it's just matter of cost ;-)

Laco could design movement holder to fit smaller movement into bigger case. Stowa has done it on their Antea LE, but it will inflate the price. I am in favor of vintage movement. 2824 is too common, not sexy enough. Durowe would make the watch (100% ?) 'made in Germany'

·
Registered
237 Posts
concerning to mr. pfeiffer's letter (posted by bhanu in the "unlimited LACO"-thread) it looks like our whish for a limited Baumuster A will come true! :-!

as the only difference except the dial of course i would prefer the caseback with the engravings, which were proposed for the unlimited version, including the limitation number...

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I'm in for both, with preference for the A11. :-d

But please don't tell my wife... ;-)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Guys,

I got a confirmation from Peter that they require 50 persons for the Type A LE to push ahead. So far we are around 13. They will be using a true handwound 2801 movement this time without the date setting.

Please sign in if you are interested since at the end of the day the first 50 gets it when the ball gets rolling.

The updated list :
1) hwilsdorf (Jason)
2) Mescalito (Florian)
3) ht8306 (Henry)
4) Nalu
5) Mario Escobar
6) Paulo
7) Hary ??
8) hotnerd
9) TIMEangel
10) ParkinNJ
11) yenfoolun