WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
181 - 200 of 229 Posts

· Registered
483 Posts
it will be good if we can get it back together with our caseback together...
i dont mind to get the printed blue hand now.... at least it look close to original!

· Watchuseek Journalist
1,796 Posts
Update from Laco regarding blue hands project:

"Frank_be has sent me a drawing for the blue hands.
I asked him for meassurement. Did not get info so far."

Frank_be has been busy in work so when Frank delivers the measurements to Mr. Pfeiffer, orders for blue hands will begin :)

Cheers,
Bhanu

· Registered
1,176 Posts
So we still have no idea when the blued hands will be available?

I can appreciate being busy with work, but at the same time a little communication goes a long way.
We shouldn't forget that Frank is a forumner like all of us, that, on a voluntary basis, gave time of his own to this project, doing an awesome job regarding the dial and hands.

Second, it's not that our watches are handless waiting for the blued hands, and, if that was the case, still it would be Laco's responsability, not Frank's.

· Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
Thanks Paulo,

I'm in contact with Mr Pfeiffer at the moment, so I think everything will accelerate again soon. I believe there was some misunderstanding about the vector files I've sent, but we will sort that out soon.

Greetings,
Frank

· Registered
407 Posts
We shouldn't forget that Frank is a forumner like all of us, that, on a voluntary basis, gave time of his own to this project, doing an awesome job regarding the dial and hands.

Second, it's not that our watches are handless waiting for the blued hands, and, if that was the case, still it would be Laco's responsability, not Frank's.
I'm sorry if I've been misunderstood or I have offended anyone. I didn't forget that Frank is a member of the forum, and I don't mean to be unappreciative of anyone's work. In fact, I am just the opposite; I appreciate Frank's work very much.

I was just inquiring if anyone knew if there was any kind of a timetable for when the hands would be ready. :oops: I felt like someone should know that information (over a month after Laco received the vector files from Frank), and I didn't think it was unreasonable to ask that question. Perhaps it was. I'll not make the mistake again.

· Registered
2,587 Posts
Now it's my turn to be sorry, but if you don't want to be misunderstood you should check what you write.

Reviewing the sequence:

Your answer after this post is:

If you hadn't written the 2nd paragraph I would have kept silent or echoed the same worries about the lack of information (I had posted about that lack of information on the thread about the casebacks). But your 2nd paragraph aims straight to Frank, which is IMO quite unfair, reason for my post.

Again, I wouldn't have answered this 2nd post if it wasn't written in a victimised and devious manner, passing the message that I over-reacted to a simple and inocent inquiry, which isn't clearly the case.
Hi there - i think we should get this back on course re the Laco project rather than focus on what are, in the end, mild misunderstandings as a result of natural anxiousness to see the project move along and perhaps a difficulty in expressing what we really mean to say when communicating via a keyboard in a second ( or third! ) language!

I would please ask that members show both a little patience with the people driving this project and with fellow forum members - As far as I can tell, no one here is posting in a deliberately malicious manner so please give other posters the benefit of the doubt. If anyone becomes malicious or shows lack of courtesy to other posters, the moderating team will deal with it.

Thanks.

· Registered
101 Posts
Man, there sure are a lot of sensitive people in this post that love to parse every word!!!

So let me get to the point; what is the status of the hands?

Someone started this project and that person should be the point man with Laco to keep on top of them and to tell us the status. It won't help if any or all of us contact Laco directly; it will just aggravate Laco.

So please, will the main man get some information from Laco and let us know what is going on? When can we expect that the hands and the casebacks will start shipping?

P.S. Don't bother attacking me or my words; I don't care and I won't respond. I just want my hands and my caseback so I can move on.

· Registered
11,145 Posts
Someone started this project and that person should be the point man with Laco to keep on top of them and to tell us the status. It won't help if any or all of us contact Laco directly; it will just aggravate Laco.

So please, will the main man get some information from Laco and let us know what is going on? When can we expect that the hands and the casebacks will start shipping?
Not necessarily. ;-) The "hands project" is now in the hands of frank_be, and he just gave an update yesterday.

Thanks Paulo,

I'm in contact with Mr Pfeiffer at the moment, so I think everything will accelerate again soon. I believe there was some misunderstanding about the vector files I've sent, but we will sort that out soon.

Greetings,
Frank
I would like to add my voice to whifferdill's and request to put sensitivities behind ourselves and focus on the project. We are all watch-lovers and, for that matter, volunteers who devote our free time for the benefit of other watch-lovers. :)

· Registered
65 Posts
if Mr. Pfeiffer gets useful vector files, he will start the ordering process for the bue hands.

So will try to catch him by phone tomorrow.

If I get new information from Mr. Pfeiffer you all will be informed.

Best Regards

garaventa

· Registered
476 Posts
I emailed Mr Pfieffer this week regarding how the re-engraving of the case backs was coming. He said that he was waiting for two more case backs to show up before he would be able to have them all done.

Maybe he could send the hands out as well to those who want them with the case backs after he gets them done.

:think:

· Registered
407 Posts
I emailed Mr Pfieffer this week regarding how the re-engraving of the case backs was coming. He said that he was waiting for two more case backs to show up before he would be able to have them all done.

Maybe he could send the hands out as well to those who want them with the case backs after he gets them done.

:think:
That would be great, but do you know when the hands will be available?

· Registered
476 Posts
That would be great, but do you know when the hands will be available?
I have no idea if they have been ordered, or what the actual status is.

I just thought I would relay the information I had to see if anyone more involved in the project thought it may be possible. :-!

· Registered
65 Posts
I have called Mr. Pfeiffer some minutes ago.

The blue hands are ordered!

Delivery time from the manufacturer to Laco will be 6-8 weeks.

So we will have to wait for detailed information a little bit longer.

But they will come to us in april I guess.

Best regards

Frank

181 - 200 of 229 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.