WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 225 Posts

·
Watchuseek Journalist
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to the popularity of Laco WUS special edition and wait list, Laco has decided to offer this watch as unlimited edition :-!

Everything in this Baumuster B watch will be the same as the special edition except the case back engraving (see picture below).

Here are the watch details:
Ø Sand blasted 42mm stainless steel case, height 13mm
Ø Solid case-back engraved with Laco logo
Ø Hand wound modified ETA 2824 (hacking)
Ø Free-of-inscription-no-date sterile dial, type: Baumuster B
Ø Lume dots on hour circle and arrow below 12
Ø An onion crown same as the original
Ø A domed sapphire crystal
Ø Superluminova C3 lume
Ø Engraving "FL23883" on the side of the case
Ø Lume on: minute numbers 10,20,30,40, and 50, minute markers, dots on hour circle, arrow, and hands
Ø White circle around dial
Ø Standard Pilot strap and extra original Pilot strap
Ø Cost: 550€

If you were to order now, the watch will be available just before Christmas.

Please email Mr. Peter Pfeiffer from Laco directly for ordering and any further questions: [email protected]

Cheers,
Bhanu

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Re: Laco Baumuster "B" UNLIMITED EDITION

hi is there a website we can check on for further info? Thanks
What more info? Bhanus info is better than the info you get on Laco's site!
But in case, here is Laco's site: www.laco.de
The unlimited one will be the same as the limited, read the threads and you will get LOADS of info!!
Good Luck!
Janne

·
Registered
11,273 Posts

What about flame-blued hands?

Mike
I think they would have to be ordered as an add-on through the blue-hands thread (just as the blued hands can be retrofitted to earlier Laco watches).

Please correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts

Agreed. And, as the movement is the same, we could all benefit from a wider number of people joining the flame-blued project.

·
Registered
79 Posts

What more info? Bhanus info is better than the info you get on Laco's site!
But in case, here is Laco's site: www.laco.de
The unlimited one will be the same as the limited, read the threads and you will get LOADS of info!!
Good Luck!
Janne
Sorry dude I'm a noob so have mercy! Where can I get info on the Bhanus one?

·
Banned
21,244 Posts

Sorry dude I'm a noob so have mercy! Where can I get info on the Bhanus one?
Mercy? NO mercy given on WUS!! :-d
Well, the first post on this thread gives you the tech. specs.
For the visual bits, and to read about the process of creating the LE, check out the thread "Laco Pilot Special Edition-Quick-Reference Project Overview. It is short and gives you hopefully what you want!

For pics how it actually looks like on a wrist, check out the "And They Start Arriving" thread.
Lots of hairy wrist pics, some nice lume pics etc. (hairy wrists, not hairy pics)

·
Registered
79 Posts

Mercy? NO mercy given on WUS!! :-d
Well, the first post on this thread gives you the tech. specs.
For the visual bits, and to read about the process of creating the LE, check out the thread "Laco Pilot Special Edition-Quick-Reference Project Overview. It is short and gives you hopefully what you want!

For pics how it actually looks like on a wrist, check out the "And They Start Arriving" thread.
Lots of hairy wrist pics, some nice lume pics etc. (hairy wrists, not hairy pics)
One hour later.....

Ok I'm all geek'd up. Cheers for the headsup mate. I'm in for one of these babies shortly. And I'm so jealous of your location too!:-d

·
Registered
224 Posts

I'm kind of wishing our limited edition had engraving/printing onthe back like the pic above.

I guess this unlimited watch is basically the same watch then...hmmm
Exactly my feeling too.

Greetings,
Frank

·
Registered
1,411 Posts

I don't know....I just feel that if Laco is going to make the "unlimited" watch jst about exactly the same as our LE watch, then what makes our LE version so special? Might have just waited for the unlimited version. sure, it's not numbered, but that is just some printing on the back.

Laco should use a different dial, not the one from Frank, maybe do the brushed finish instead of the bb, and use a different crown.

Talkof an A dial version is moot to me. They already have a non-logo 42mm watch, the only diference would be the modded auto movement, solid case back, which they use on the quartz watches anyways, and a diffent crown.

I know Laco is a business, but this production of a nonlimited watch just make me feel my forum watch just isnt that special; the price is even the same.

I think they should chage it up a bit.

If you guys want an a dial version, just get Laco to do a version with the dial; no need for a forum watch if they're going to just make it into a regular production model anyways.

Anyways, I'm not too happy about that...

·
Registered
11,273 Posts

I don't know....I just feel that if Laco is going to make the "unlimited" watch jst about exactly the same as our LE watch, then what makes our LE version so special? Might have just waited for the unlimited version. sure, it's not numbered, but that is just some printing on the back.
What makes the forum watch special? Without the forum it wouldn't exist, and neither would the serial version. ;-)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts

that's fine and dandy, but it doesnt change the fact that this unlimited watch will pretty much be the same as our watch. Whats the point in calling something a limited editon, or whatever, when in the end, it is not really a limited editon?

It's like, I wait a year for Porsche to make the limited edition GT2, pay for it, get it, then a few months later, they decide hey, let's make all the 911's the same.

When you refer to the serial version, what version is that? will this unlimited version be numbered as well?

In any event, I'm not too happy about this unlimted thing being basically the same as our forum watch. They should change it up a bit or use their own or another dial design. I can understand the deal about having the watch be more accessible to those that didn't get in on the LE, but still, what's the point of having an LE then? So we can have a number and a certificate? I guess that is the case. If the unlimited watch is the same as our watch, doesn't really make our watch that much "special" anymore.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts

I have to agree Martin. If one wants something very few other people have, get an original 40's Laco B-uhr. The special part of this watch was the group effort, how quickly it was finished and the simple fact that we got fifty WISs to agree on something!

The fact of the matter is that most "Limited" or "Special" editions are neither very limited nor very special. The dial colour is different, the engraving is slightly different or there are 'only 2000' being made. In all actuality, almost every watch from a small maker is going to be limited, witness the fact that Eddie Platts just ran out of PRS-14s - a supposedly unlimited watch. Ditto for the PRS-18A.

·
Registered
11,273 Posts

When you refer to the serial version, what version is that? will this unlimited version be numbered as well?
I don't think so:

Due to the popularity of Laco WUS special edition and wait list, Laco has decided to offer this watch as unlimited edition :-!

Everything in this Baumuster B watch will be the same as the special edition except the case back engraving (see picture below).

Here are the watch details:
Ø Sand blasted 42mm stainless steel case, height 13mm
Ø Solid case-back engraved with Laco logo
Ø Hand wound modified ETA 2824 (hacking)
Ø Free-of-inscription-no-date sterile dial, type: Baumuster B
Ø Lume dots on hour circle and arrow below 12
Ø An onion crown same as the original
Ø A domed sapphire crystal
Ø Superluminova C3 lume
Ø Engraving "FL23883" on the side of the case
Ø Lume on: minute numbers 10,20,30,40, and 50, minute markers, dots on hour circle, arrow, and hands
Ø White circle around dial
Ø Standard Pilot strap and extra original Pilot strap
Ø Cost: 550€

If you were to order now, the watch will be available just before Christmas.

Please email Mr. Peter Pfeiffer from Laco directly for ordering and any further questions: [email protected]

Cheers,
Bhanu

·
Registered
1,411 Posts

I thought when something was referred to as "serial" then it was numbered. I guess I'm wrong.

If a watch is basically the same as the LE, then the Le is not really an Le anymore, with exception that is is numbered.

My point is, and this is of course, and I will say it again and again, my own personal feelings and opinion, but ...to me...

The things that make this watch an LE are:

The dial, lume pattern, etc... specifically all the input and Frank's work.
The Case having the engraving on the side.
The manual winding movement with the center seconds or the auto, or the quartz
The case finish as opposed to the brushed matte finish of the regular production watches.

I've owned just about all the modern versions of the Laco pilots and this forum watch kind of held a special place in my collection for the very fact that it would be exclusive, but if this non le watch is made, then to me it just doesnt feel like a limited edition anymore. Am I worng to feel like this?

So if all these elements will be in the non Le watch...well...okay...

I guess my feelings and definition of LE differs from others.

·
Registered
224 Posts

I thought when something was referred to as "serial" then it was numbered. I guess I'm wrong.

If a watch is basically the same as the LE, then the Le is not really an Le anymore, with exception that is is numbered.

My point is, and this is of course, and I will say it again and again, my own personal feelings and opinion, but ...to me...

The things that make this watch an LE are:

The dial, lume pattern, etc... specifically all the input and Frank's work.
The Case having the engraving on the side.
The manual winding movement with the center seconds or the auto, or the quartz
The case finish as opposed to the brushed matte finish of the regular production watches.

I've owned just about all the modern versions of the Laco pilots and this forum watch kind of held a special place in my collection for the very fact that it would be exclusive, but if this non le watch is made, then to me it just doesnt feel like a limited edition anymore. Am I worng to feel like this?

So if all these elements will be in the non Le watch...well...okay...

I guess my feelings and definition of LE differs from others.
Our blued hands should make the watch a real LE then.

I feel that the serial watch e.g. shouldn't have the altered ETA2824.

I'm not the bragging type, but I think if I wouldn't have done the dial conversion, there would never have been a serial watch. I think the dial (and the fonts used on the dial) makes or breaks a watch first impression.

For that reason I was never interested in a Stowa Flieger. The Stowa flieger has many tiny errors in its dials. In fact none of the Stowa Flieger dials are historically correct.

I understand your feeling about the serial Laco Flieger.
But all this doesn't make me sad owning one of the first 50...

Greetings,
Frank

·
Registered
1,411 Posts

LOL!!!

:):):)

Don't get me wrong!!!

I love my watch! I think it is the best purchase I've made in a long time and I love the fact that it was created by members of this forum.

Also, Laco is one of my favorite watch companies. My modern 55mm type A is one of my all time favorite watches. I like the fact that Laco is one of the original Buhr makers, and all the history is a big deal to me, as is the case for me when it comes to my other love of Panerai watches.

I've been searching for a "wearable" pilot for a long time and I've had just about all of them, including Stowa, IWC , I even had a GO navigator for a few days....but all of these just didn't speak to me. Our forum watch definitely does and Frank is right, the single biggest feature is the design of the dial and the lume pattern. this key feature is what makes our watch special. The hands of our watch in black already exist in the other Laco production models. the case is used in other models, but we got the bb finish that is shared by the 55mm LE.

My only wish is that this unlimited version be "different." for the sake of exclusivity and to be truly a limited edition. That is all. But whatever is made or manufactured by Laco, that is fine. I just wanted to express some of my personal feelings about the news of the unlimited version.

1 - 20 of 225 Posts