WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
181 - 200 of 225 Posts

· Registered
442 Posts
I contacted Mr. Pfeiffer last week, the casebacks are being engraved. Should be mailed out soon.

· Banned
16,020 Posts
What is the progress with the Blued hands?

· Registered
854 Posts
What is the progress with the Blued hands?
In lieu of any recent update, this is the last I remember seeing about this on 16 Feb. last by Garaventa:

>I have called Mr. Pfeiffer some minutes ago.
>The blue hands are ordered!
>Delivery time from the manufacturer to Laco will be 6-8 weeks.
>So we will have to wait for detailed information a little bit longer.
>But they will come to us in april I guess.

So this would bring us now near to their delivery to Laco. Pity that this is all fizzling out a bit.

· Registered
407 Posts
In lieu of any recent update, this is the last I remember seeing about this on 16 Feb. last by Garaventa:

So this would bring us now near to their delivery to Laco. Pity that this is all fizzling out a bit.
I'll second that emotion. Bump to ask if anyone knows anything about the status of the hands?

· Watchuseek Journalist
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 ·
I met with Mr. Pfeiffer last week and he stated that all casebacks are engraved and delivered to Laco.

Mr. Pfeiffer now has to apply the finish to the case backs. Some of us sent in the complete watch, so they will be assembled and sent back.

Mr. Pfeiffer is a proud father of few weeks old daughter so please forgive the delay in sending out the case backs.

Cheers,
Bhanu

· Registered
101 Posts

Why am I not surprised that the estimated delivery dates were not met and there has been no updated information? I had the same problem with Stowa. Apparently their attitude is "you'll get it when you get it, don't bother us". This isn't an individual watch order, it's a forum order, so it should take very little effort to keep us informed.

I sent my caseback to Laco five months ago, 5 months!!!
The blued hands were ordered ten weeks ago; estimated delivery time to Laco was 6-8 weeks.
The markup on watches must be huge, because these watch companies sure don't rush to get product out the door.

Edited and PM sent.

· Registered
101 Posts
I don't and I won't argue with your opinion.
Please allow one question: Why don't you keep it to yourself? :roll:

Volker
Because I'm sure there are many other people who are thinking the same as I, but don't want to deal with those who get their knickers in a knot over a little criticism.

I've had it with all of the watch maker mutual admiration society comments on this web site. They are supposed to be providing a product, same as any other manufacturer, and they don't deserve to be defended when they can't meet their own timing and they can't keep us informed.

· Banned
16,020 Posts
I am thinking the same. This is getting ridiculous. 4 months is WAY too long, sandblasting ot not.
Laco f...ed up the first batch of the casebacks, it is only correct that they hurry up.

PS: I know the laser engraving is not done by Laco, but as it is a Laco product, then Laco is responsible for the QC (Laco failed to spot the crappy engraving) and has the ultimate responsibility

· Registered
854 Posts
I must conclude that Bhanu is too tied up in his work, to oversee the final steps (back, blue hands). Does anybody else have good contacts with Laco (Graventa?) and is willing to step in, so we do not all have to chase things on an individual basis?

This has all become dissapointing indeed. That things take their time I can understand, but the lack of communication and the lack of progress on Laco's part are way beyond what we might have expected.

181 - 200 of 225 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.