WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening,

today I picked up my Laco from the local watchmaker.

He has mounted the blue hands.

I am very satisfied with the result.

The hands fit perfect and the clour is good, but I was not able to focus that on a foto.

garaventa

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
You lucky man! Looks 100% spot on!
I wonder if I ever see my 3 Lacos.
I seem to have bad luck with German and Swiss watch companies. Maybe I should change and buy Japanese and Indian watches!

·
Registered
32 Posts
My LACO WUS with blue hands and black second hand

Hi all,

Mr. Pfeiffer was so kind to send me my watch with the exchanged hands. I have decided to just exchange the hour and the minute hand and keep the black second hand.

The picture is not showing the real beauty! :-!

Thanks to WUS and LACO for having put so much effort in this great project. Looking forward the result of the A-Type Project.

Best regards

Daniel

Attachments

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I got my watch back today from Laco, now fitted with blue hands.
Here is the old picture with the old hands (black)

And the latest picture with new hands.. Notice the differences? Not only it's blued, but the shape is also different. Now the shape of the hands is closer to the original Laco B Uhr from WW2

The side engraving FL23883, the font is pretty close to the original too

The crown

From certain angle, the hands show its blue color. Otherwise it looks like black. It's not as nice as thermal blued hands, but it'a a good compromise considering the price gap between heated and the painted blue

If you are curious, how does inside the watch look like, here is the picture of 'boring' 2824 movement, which has been modified from auto to handwinding

and the lume shot

·
Registered
285 Posts
I find the white shades of the Minute hand for the Blue Hands are too much at the end of the tip and actually find the original black minute hands more beautiful imo....

Just my preference, sorry. But the Blue hands do look nice!!!:-!

·
Registered
612 Posts
They look really good!

Much better than I had expected, at least in pics. Not as nice as heat blued, but surprisingly close.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I find the white shades of the Minute hand for the Blue Hands are too much at the end of the tip and actually find the original black minute hands more beautiful imo....

Just my preference, sorry. But the Blue hands do look nice!!!:-!
I definately don't agree. I love the new hands. Congrats! |>

·
Registered
20 Posts
So, how big are thes LACO b-uhrs?? I have one too but its really big: like 55mm and made by A. Lange & Sons.....

regards, mitch

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
So, how big are thes LACO b-uhrs?? I have one too but its really big: like 55mm and made by A. Lange & Sons.....

regards, mitch
PICS!!
WE WANT PICS!!!!!!

The Laco's are 42mm. Very wearable, very!

www.laco.de

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
garaventa!
The Blued hands- icing on the cake, eh???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts