WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Moderator at Large
54,078 Posts
The new chronograph, limited to 200 pieces, is now showcased on Laco‘s website here: Laco München – Limited Edition in Presale.
Price:€1990
Buyers ordering in the exclusive Laco pre-sale period from October 15th to November 7th are entitled to get the first watch service free of charge within 5 years.
B8FB4AD3-4091-49D7-8902-9FDC6E172E9C.jpeg

·
Moderator at Large
54,078 Posts
Some more pics provided by Laco Uhrenmanufaktur...

73B39A42-8DD9-4E17-8BF3-2CDD856920D6.jpeg
8D54D1AB-D888-4427-93D6-837C06410EEE.jpeg
29DE228D-2DE9-4189-BFBD-2F36358A52C2.jpeg

and now something which really bothers me:

8A32F133-EF65-4E74-BAEA-242C277D6A97.jpeg

Maybe it is just me but I really do wonder who had the idea to engrave FL23883 onto the case ?
The München isn’t an Observer watch (B-Uhr), it is a chronograph, a pilot’s watch though. Historically the engraving is totally wrong. Most of us know that Observer watches (B-Uhren) had some typical features. The exact specifications of the B-Uhr Fl. 23883 have been conclusively listed by the Reichsluftfahrtministerium (Reich Aviation Ministry). There have been two types of observation watches: Type A had a triangle with two points instead of the Arabic “12”. This is also the case with type B, except that instead of the Arabic numbers 1 to 11, the seconds are printed in steps of 5. The classic hour division from 1 to 12 is located in an additional inner circle. Never ever there was mention of a chronograph. So I do not get the FL23883 thing on this Laco.

If using the RLM classification it should be Fl.23883, not FL........

C0DC74B6-4D2A-44CC-B949-D63C413A6805.jpeg

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I agree, FL23883 it is not. Laco has a selection of perfectly fine chronographs, but this combination is odd. The whole point of a flieger is easy readability, which this one hasn’t. The ghost chronometer subdials could probably have worked on something else, a more contemporary design.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
I am not sure anymore what Laco is thinking I’m sorry. But a stealth Chrono what’s the point??? You want to be able to see the chrono graphs. And the asking pricing just nuts. I remember buying my first Laco Panderborn in 2009 and I paid direct from Laco $490Euros now???? It’s becoming a joke. Sorry Laco but just frustrated with your prices.

A BIG no for me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Don't get it either. If I want a Fleiger, I'll get a Flieger. If I want a chronograph, I'll get one who's dials I can see. If I can't make up my mind which I want more, maybe this, but I doubt it. For this price I could get two other good Lacos that I like, such as Wurtzburg and Atlantik.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I am not sure anymore what Laco is thinking I’m sorry. But a stealth Chrono what’s the point??? You want to be able to see the chrono graphs. And the asking pricing just nuts. I remember buying my first Laco Panderborn in 2009 and I paid direct from Laco $490Euros now???? It’s becoming a joke. Sorry Laco but just frustrated with your prices.

A BIG no for me.
There are black paint they could use that has lume like on the Sinn U1 Stealth.

I think I also got my Laco around the same time around that price. The new Laco pricing are getting out of hand.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Laco makes good watches but they need to cut prices by at least 25% in general. The price point for this new chrono is way too aggressive.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I believe that ---- the whole idea is to create Type A watch with "hidden function" of chronograph.
That's why they choose to engrave FL23883.

The mentioned design idea has been reflected in those lume. Only Hour Marker can be glowed.
Not like that typical Chronograph Watch.

However, you can't deny that it's a beautiful watch.

Regards,

·
Registered
63 Posts
I believe that ---- the whole idea is to create Type A watch with "hidden function" of chronograph.
I also believe that was the intention...but for me it is a fail. I do place a high value on legibility, and so it mystifies me why anyone would want small dials that are colored to blend into the watch face and be very difficult to see and read???? Isn't that the complete opposite of what flieger watch fans love about them??? :unsure::poop:

Reactions: iggy-th

·
Moderator at Large
54,078 Posts
I also believe that was the intention...but for me it is a fail. I do place a high value on legibility, and so it mystifies me why anyone would want small dials that are colored to blend into the watch face and be very difficult to see and read???? Isn't that the complete opposite of what flieger watch fans love about them??? :unsure::poop:
+1
It‘s neither fish nor fowl.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts