WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Note to German speakers - please forgive my poor pronounciation. Between my Indian accent and Google's pronounciation help, I have most certainly butchered all the words.

I was fortunate enough to spend an exciting 3 weeks with the Münster and Augsburg (thank you to @Laco Pforzheim). Here are some of my thoughts on the Münster. I recommend reading @Mike Stuffler and @Bhanu Chopra's posts for any and all flieger related wisdom, but here are some thoughts from a flieger novice:

When I posted this photograph in different watch groups, I often was told "This isn't an original flieger!" "No pilot would be given a shiny blue dial". Those comments are reasonable, but Laco makes other watches for those that want more of an accurate experience. Personally, I love this dial and I think it is an excellent way to get into these watches, if the somewhat uniform aesthetic is holding you back. Look at this - it is hard to not fall in love with this dial:

With a 6.25" wrist, I was a bit worried about the 42mm x 50.5mm lug-to-lug width. And I also had an Augsburg Blaue Stunde 39 throughout this review, so I was alternating between the two. I think this slightly oversized look works perfectly for the watch. The straight lugs didn't have any effect on comfort either.

Dial finishing - the finishing on the dial was exceptional. I couldn't find any dust / dirt / blemishes on the surface of the dial or on the hands.

Excuse the dust particles...

Obligatory coffee bean shot:

Case back & crown: The crown is designed and manufactured very well. I love how comfortable and easy it is to operate, and I believe that was an important requirement in the original design spec.

Excellent lume - the best part of this is the entirely lumed seconds hand. Great stuff!

You can also find my video review here, if you want to see more of the watch:

and a more detailed review with some more photographs here - Laco Original Münster Blaue Stunde – Beans & Bezels

:coffee:

·
Premium Member
28,614 Posts
Note to German speakers - please forgive my poor pronounciation. Between my Indian accent and Google's pronounciation help, I have most certainly butchered all the words.

I was fortunate enough to spend an exciting 3 weeks with the Münster and Augsburg (thank you to @Laco Pforzheim). Here are some of my thoughts on the Münster. I recommend reading @Mike Stuffler and @Bhanu Chopra's posts for any and all flieger related wisdom, but here are some thoughts from a flieger novice:

When I posted this photograph in different watch groups, I often was told "This isn't an original flieger!" "No pilot would be given a shiny blue dial". Those comments are reasonable, but Laco makes other watches for those that want more of an accurate experience. Personally, I love this dial and I think it is an excellent way to get into these watches, if the somewhat uniform aesthetic is holding you back. Look at this - it is hard to not fall in love with this dial:

With a 6.25" wrist, I was a bit worried about the 42mm x 50.5mm lug-to-lug width. And I also had an Augsburg Blaue Stunde 39 throughout this review, so I was alternating between the two. I think this slightly oversized look works perfectly for the watch. The straight lugs didn't have any effect on comfort either.

Dial finishing - the finishing on the dial was exceptional. I couldn't find any dust / dirt / blemishes on the surface of the dial or on the hands.

Excuse the dust particles...

Obligatory coffee bean shot:

Case back & crown: The crown is designed and manufactured very well. I love how comfortable and easy it is to operate, and I believe that was an important requirement in the original design spec.

Excellent lume - the best part of this is the entirely lumed seconds hand. Great stuff!

You can also find my video review here, if you want to see more of the watch:

and a more detailed review with some more photographs here - Laco Original Münster Blaue Stunde – Beans & Bezels

:coffee:
Thanks for sharing!

This was an enjoyable read, not too long and best of all, has got nice close up shots.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I think the Blaue Stunde variants of the Basic and Original fliegers have been a home run for Laco. They add some playfulness to the admittedly somber Beobachtungsuhr design, with their sunburst blue dials and more brightly-toned metallic finish while still retaining the historical styling cues. I've owned two, an Augsburg and an Aachen (42 mm), and have greatly enjoyed them both. I've been giving some thought of upgrading to a Münster or Paderborn but for now the Basic watches are remarkably good.

Nicely done review, singularity7.

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the Blaue Stunde variants of the Basic and Original fliegers have been a home run for Laco. They add some playfulness to the admittedly somber Beobachtungsuhr design, with their sunburst blue dials and more brightly-toned metallic finish while still retaining the historical styling cues. I've owned two, an Augsburg and an Aachen (42 mm), and have greatly enjoyed them both. I've been giving some thought of upgrading to a Münster or Paderborn but for now the Basic watches are remarkably good.

Nicely done review, singularity7.
Thank you for watching/reading. I completely agree with you. My next review is comparing the Augsburg and the Munster:

I was so surprised and impressed at how much of the quality from the Münster carried over to the Augsburg. Movement aside, the Augsburg is almost indistinguishable from more high-end watch. I'm very tempted to get an Augsburg for myself!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts