WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replika Original Flieger-Beobachtungsuhr
Welcome.

As a result of the big success of LACO-pilot watches in the last years the company Lacher wanted to show something very special this time. Therefore starts with the idea -back to the roots- the faithful reproduction of the Original Pilot Watch from the 1940s. And you as our loyal customer get to know about this big surprise two days before the official publication. Safe now a watch for yourself which will be available from October 2006 and is limited to 500 pieces. We also would be pleased to meet you on BASELWORLD 2006 in hall 5.0 on our booth D03.

Your Laco Team

Replika Original Flieger - Beobachtungsuhr

With a case diameter of 55 mm is this Original Replika Flieger-Beobachtungsuhr a piece of jewellery for every arctophile. The robust stainless steel case and the scratch-resistant sapphire crystal protect the dial on which the hands and numerals are polished with Superluminova. The watch is water resistant up to 5 ATM and has a big stainless steel crown. Through the stainless steel case back with mineral glass you can see the refined Swiss automatic movement ETA A07.111.

Also the brown calf leather strap is equivalent in design and functionality to the original one. The strap will also be available as a replacement strap.

The original one...

...was not only used from the pilots to read the time also in coaction with an octant to reckon their position.

They weared it over their jackets to have them anytime standby.

Confusion impossible

The high-quality gift box shows that the time has come for this classic.

And this is real "Made in Germany"!

>> Further Information

Responsible for the content:
Erich Lacher Uhrenfabrik GmbH & Co. KG
Rastatter Strasse 8
D-75179 Pforzheim
Telephone: +49 (0)7231 1575-0
Telefax: +49 (0)7231 1575-11
http://www.laco.de/

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thank you for the update Mr. Romers. I like the watch but wonder if it would be too big for my 6.5" wrist..haha. Very nice watch!

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
What a cool replika Fliegeruhr. At 55mm, it is very robust. It is cool though to see that they are bringing out a piece of history at the original size. Won't be able to wear that under a dress shirt though..lol.

·
Registered
11,690 Posts
I think Laco really missed the mark with this so-called replica. First, it has an automatic movement. Second, it has a glass case back. Third, it has a ridiculous price tag. <| <| <|

About the only thing with this watch that is authentic is the case size and, if they were going to deviate from the original at all, that's the one thing they should have changed. I don't think too many people are going to be interested in a 55mm B-Uhr watch because of its impractical size especially when they discover it has an automatic movement under the hood.

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
KILOFINAL said:
Yikes!!!..I asked the company about the price..almost 2K????
.....this makes the Archimede look like a free gift.
:-( Indeed, the Archimede and the Stowa are in an entirely different price band. While they lack the "look at me" factor of the 55mm replica, they are probably much more wearable at 40mm and 42mm, respectively.

While it would be nice to have a 55mm replica, the times one could wear such an expensive and huge watch would be limited ... I have recently come to the conclusion that I derive much enjoyment from having a watch I like on my wrist at all times, and not only in the evening while watching the 8 o'clock news (which is about the only time I'd be able to wear such a watch).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts