WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Laco straps - What difference does €30 euros make?

Can anyone tell me the difference between the €30 and €60 straps on the Laco website? I'd like to get a black strap for my new Bonn

thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Re: Laco straps - What difference does €30 euros make?

Can anyone tell me the difference between the €30 and €60 straps on the Laco website? I'd like to get a black strap for my new Bonn

thanks in advance

That is one damn good question...

I looked at them and I cannot find but maybe a subtle visual difference between some, and nothing in the description that would double the price.

My guess is that maybe the grade or thickness of the leather, and/or the type of buckle used...

I would write them an email for an explanation. They are very good at getting right back to you and I'm sure they will clear things up for you.

Post your findings here when you get an answer.

·
Banned
7,819 Posts

I am speaking from buying some 30 euro straps and also buying what presumably is/was the 60euro strap on an expensive watch (memmingen)

The leather is (subtlely) more supple, and the holes are oval on the 60 euro ones, (round on the 30 euro ones)

the buckle is different as well (cos of the oval holes)

60euro:

401880.jpg
30euro:
Fliegerband-dunkelbraun.jpg

The 30euro is perfectly okay, but the 60euro is just one step ahead in feel

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I got the following response from Diana at Laco:

the original strap fort he „Bonn will be this one:

https://shop.laco.de/de/Accessoires/Fliegerband.html

this strap is more dark brown then the strap for model Bonn:
https://shop.laco.de/de/Accessoires/Fliegerband-braun-.html

If you have any further question, do not hesitate to contact me again

So to jump to a few conclusions, the 30 euro strap is as issued with the watch at point of sale, the 60 euro one is a pseudo 'upgrade'

The lengths aopear different too €60 is 18,9 cm or 21,9 for XL and €30 is 18,5 cm or 20,5 cm for XL

·
Banned
7,819 Posts

you have jumped lol

the €30 strap is supplied on some (cheaper) watches, the €60 style on others

my memmingen has the oval slots, my augsburg has the round holes

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Sorry i should correct myself (and agree with watchma at the same time) the €30 comes with 'my' watch as i have a Bonn.

I've ordered the €60 in black - will post pics on arrival

·
Registered
227 Posts

I should also mention that the cheaper strap comes with a buckle that has a fixed bar on the buckle. So the only way to remove the buckle is to cut the bar off like I had to.

Not sure about the 60 EUR one but maybe somebody can confirm?

·
Banned
7,819 Posts

I should also mention that the cheaper strap comes with a buckle that has a fixed bar on the buckle. So the only way to remove the buckle is to cut the bar off like I had to.

Not sure about the 60 EUR one but maybe somebody can confirm?
Just looking at memmingen (dearer strap) and it has a springbar with through drilled holes on the buckle

Checked the cheaper strap and it has blind holes , but can't confirm whether its a spring bar in there

·
Registered
2,056 Posts

I believe I have the €60 strap on my Kiel. Definitely more supple than the strap on my Dortmund and Westerland, although the strap on those watches is pretty nice too. As watchma said, the buckle on the more expensive strap is a bit beefier as well. I don't think you can go wrong with either strap, but the €60 one is something of an upgrade.

photo.JPG

·
Registered
17 Posts

Just looking at memmingen (dearer strap) and it has a springbar with through drilled holes on the buckle

Checked the cheaper strap and it has blind holes , but can't confirm whether its a spring bar in there
Hi everybody:

I got intrigued with the issue and just checked the round hole style straps that came with my 45 mm B-Uhrs last year (old case finishing). They don't have springbars, but the pins are not welded to the buckle side wings either. I didn't dare to apply any force to the buckle with my springbar tools, but I guess the buckle can be dismounted by gently tearing the side wings of the buckle off each other, thus freeing up the pin. Anyhow, it's the only reversable method I can guess, which is necessary for mounting the buckle-strap set together.

I hope this might be useful to you.

Greetings from Barcelona-Spain.

Eduwatch

·
Registered
7,581 Posts

I got intrigued with the issue and just checked the round hole style straps that came with my 45 mm B-Uhrs last year (old case finishing). They don't have springbars, but the pins are not welded to the buckle side wings either. I didn't dare to apply any force to the buckle with my springbar tools, but I guess the buckle can be dismounted by gently tearing the side wings of the buckle off each other, thus freeing up the pin. Anyhow, it's the only reversable method I can guess, which is necessary for mounting the buckle-strap set together.
Actually fellows, it is a springbar, albeit not the easiest one to remove. To prove it I just popped the buckle off my 2011 B-Uhr that uses the 30 EUR strap.

Laco buckle assembly - Uwe W.jpg

·
Banned
21,244 Posts

Is there a difference in who made the straps? Country of origin?

One strap is costing th double amount, but still it is cheap. So one is super value, the other one a very good value!
( I wish my other OEM straps cost 60 euro!)

·
Banned
7,819 Posts

Well, i'm still waiting for delivery - 9 days so far
As far as I remember when I ordered two straps and a crown for another Laco, it came by post not courier (which they use for watches) , I expect you'll get it some day soon :)

·
Registered
7,581 Posts

Well, i'm still waiting for delivery - 9 days so far
Watches ship by courier - straps by regular post - so naturally delivery times for a strap will be longer. This is clearly detailed in the Laco Shop, and I think you'll agree that it isn't very cost effective to send a lone strap by courier. Be patient, I'm sure that it will be there very soon.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Hi guys, sorry if my post came across as impatient. I'm more than happy to wait for it. My intention was to inform you that i can't tell you what the difference between the 2 straps is yet. I'm very happy with Laco's service and their response to my emails :)

·
Banned
21,244 Posts

Hi guys, sorry if my post came across as impatient. I'm more than happy to wait for it. My intention was to inform you that i can't tell you what the difference between the 2 straps is yet. I'm very happy with Laco's service and their response to my emails :)

I
would be impatient! It will be interesting when you compare the 2 straps!

·
Banned
7,819 Posts

This is clearly detailed in the Laco Shop,
It's not really Uwe.....

Our worldwide delivery service for straps is devided into zones with different costs and will be carried out by our logistics partner DHL.
They should really get this amended because as we all know they *do ship straps by post

·
Registered
7,581 Posts

I'll mention it to Laco as I'll be communicating with them tomorrow anyway. The Laco Shop specifies watches ship via FedEx - straps DHL - but if you're not familiar with DHL and Deutsche Post you might not realize that its a slower delivery system. My bad... even though the cost of shipping alone should tell someone not to expect a 48 hour delivery.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts