WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, so my little sister got this watch from our dad yesterday and the secondhand isn't working I think. When I turn the crown it will change the minutes and hours ofcourse, but when I click the watch isn't doing a thing. I've been searching all day long and I hope someone know something about this watch. Thanks in advance!

SOLVED: I wasn't expecting any answer at all but I've got so many, I want to say thank you to everyone responding to me and I will update you after I get it checked out. Have a good one fellas/ladies!

Lacoste Parisienne LC2001082
Rectangle Material property Font Tints and shades Circle
Watch Analog watch Product Clock Font
Watch Analog watch Camera accessory Clock Watch accessory
Watch Brown Analog watch Clock Silver
Gauge Rectangle Clock Material property Font

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a 2nd question now. In the 2nd picture it says 2001082 and if you closely in the 3rd picture it says LC1223202942. I have googled that number (I guess it’s the series number) and it doesn’t find a thing. Is it a fake watch?

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I will visit my local watchmaker/jeweler tomorrow, any idea how much it will Cost me?
In the US that will run between $10-20 usually.

·
Moderator Emeritus
55,924 Posts
I have a 2nd question now. In the 2nd picture it says 2001082 and if you closely in the 3rd picture it says LC1223202942. I have googled that number (I guess it's the series number) and it doesn't find a thing. Is it a fake watch?
Hard to believe someone is going to fake a Lacoste quartz watch. Most likely no market for such a product.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I did some light googling of what appears to be the ref number (LC 122.3.20.2942 -- be sure to include the periods) and came up with results that look similar to your watch. I know nothing about these, but my guess is that is not a fake. As to the cost of a battery; it really depends on where you are in the world but it is usually not very much.

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,944 Posts
I have a 2nd question now. In the 2nd picture it says 2001082 and if you closely in the 3rd picture it says LC1223202942. I have googled that number (I guess it's the series number) and it doesn't find a thing. Is it a fake watch?
I got several hits on Google for your watch below. I think you are fine. Just get the battery replaced.
Google Search for your watch

·
Registered
411 Posts
Most probably a battery. Even if it was just bought by your dad recently the watch may have been sitting for years in a store. Happens all the time, I know it happened to me. Battery change is not expensive, where I live it is just $5, the most expensive place charges $15.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I did some light googling of what appears to be the ref number (LC 122.3.20.2942 -- be sure to include the periods) and came up with results that look similar to your watch. I know nothing about these, but my guess is that is not a fake. As to the cost of a battery; it really depends on where you are in the world but it is usually not very much.
Thank you very much I was a bit worried but you took my worries away. I'll check it out tomorrow, thanks again.

·
Premium Member
Something ordinary
18,850 Posts
As some kind members have already verified, it seems to be a real one based on those numbers.

One us the reference number (,think model number), the other is a watch specific serial number. It is unique to your watches for tracking purposes

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Most probably a battery. Even if it was just bought by your dad recently the watch may have been sitting for years in a store. Happens all the time, I know it happened to me. Battery change is not expensive, where I live it is just $5, the most expensive place charges $15.
I'm happy that it's so cheap, thank you for your response

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
As some kind members have already verified, it seems to be a real one based on those numbers.

One us the reference number (,think model number), the other is a watch specific serial number. It is unique to your watches for tracking purposes
I see I didn't know that I guess you learn something new everyday. Thank you for your answer!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts