WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Last year, I bought a Deville Prestige Automatic gold & steel for my father for his birthday.

This year, I'd like to get my mom the matching watch. The ladies version is only made in quartz as it's pretty small...(27MM). OMEGA Watches: De Ville Prestige Quartz - Steel-yellow gold on Steel-yellow gold - 424.20.27.60.05.001

Ideally, I would have liked an automatic watch, but then realized I'm not sure if my mom would wear it every day... plus she's not a watch enthusiast or anything. She does have a gold plated Seiko watch I believe...

All of her watches are small and I think she's old fashioned and would prefer a smaller watch...

Are Omega quartz's worth getting? Or should I try to look for a slightly bigger automatic?

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
I've mentioned this numerous times so I apologize for repeating it, but it does help answer your question...
I've owned an Omega Seamaster 300M Quartz (2541.80) for almost two decades and wore it as a daily wearer for over a decade and it is STILL the most accurate and reliable watch I own. The watch also has worn very well as it looks almost new after more than 16 years of ownership/wear (and a battery change and pressure/gasket check about every three or four years). AMAZINGLY accurate (barely losses a second a month, if that) and has been in the Pacific Ocean many, many times. IMO, Omega Quartz watches and movements are as good as it gets. My prized 2541.80 is the best, most accurate and most worn watch I've ever owned (and I have owned dozens of great watches in my 57 years), always at the ready to just buckle up and go, and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another Omega Quartz watch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts