WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A friend gave me this watch last night.. had been quoted $190 for service a few years back and they had decided it wasn't worth doing.. so I now have a very nice gold watch to pass onto one of my 5 granddaughters..have to work out which one will really appreciate and look after it ... it is ticking well so service is probably all that is needed..

Cheers

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Gotta love "free to a good home." I always appreciate the small ladies' watch movements and how they miniaturize everything in a gentleman's movement while maintaining accuracy and power reserve.

Hope whichever granddaughter gets it enjoys it for years!

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,058 Posts
The movement is by ETA, a Cal. 2510 or derivative:

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: ETA 2510

Generally, a ladies' watch of that size and age is almost never worth servicing from the point of view of raising its value. The money you put in always exceeds the increase in value unless we are talking about Patek Philippe and the likes here. If the watch is in decent condition and just needs a service (no parts replacement) and will be used frequently afterwards, it is almost always worth getting the service done (although it is worth comparing prices in order not to get ripped off). If you want to buy a decent, working watch of that type instead, it will cost you more than the service.

Hartmut Richter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts