WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

ladies vintage Omega DeVille quartz - can change time but does not work , need help

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  candy287 
#1 ·
hi,

its really hard to explain. I recently purchase this vintage watch for a gift to my mother. I have made alot of effort to cleaning the outer-casing and buffing out the scratches. now that i place the battery the time does not work except when changing the time. The minute hand move swiftly when pressing the button to change the time but when living it for 30min it does not move. picture below. I just love the fact that i made a lot of effort on getting the watch and cleaning it. if anyone can help me out or know anyone in toronto who can service/ take a look at please let me know. I already to laSwiss watch store and was told it would cost me 170+ to get it service.
Watch Watch accessory Analog watch Fashion accessory Material property

See less See more
#2 ·
first-check to make sure you have the correct battery. it could be the improper voltage which might explain why it "changes" time at speed but doesnt keep time. Though-your pretty much stuck with finding someone to service it if this is not the reason. quartz watches are not generally easy to 'fix' by DIYr's

#3 ·
how do i go about on doing what voltage it takes . To be honest i eyed balled the size from when it came in the size was perfect height and circumference. the battery is 364 / SR621SW, it has 1.55v . when i bought the watch it did not have a battery therefore i dont know much about the voltage nor the type of battery i should have. any help again will do. thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.