WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of getting this Omega Ladymatic for the wife next year for her birthday, anyone has got any personal experience with this series? It runs the 8250 caliber movement, is this the moment with the silicon part?

Or this Constellation 35mm chronometer with old 2500 caliber movement?

Both have similar MOP dials with diamonds which I really like.

Which is better?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have both but with different variations than the ones you are considering. Dials are different so I can rotate based on mood or jewelry I wear each day. Asking to me to pick a favorite is like asking me which of my children I love more. Although I slightly favor the Ladymatic more. It seems more bold now that I think about it, not when I was considering purchasing. The Constellation was something I had been wanting for years in the quartz size. Once I had the fund I was considering the dial w/o diamond hour markers. At the time diamond option was only $500 more so I picked that. The Ladymatic was a love at first sight scenario. I appreciate the waves of the bracelet which are also repeated on the side of the case that allow you to see the ceramic ring inside. It's not the typical Rollie that I see everywhere or LV bags, speaking from a female's perspective. The mother of pearl dial is nice, but don't expect to see intense MOP iridescence like green or pink. It's pretty much white with texture surface. If you really inspect closely you may see pink at certain angle. Just FYI if she is into MOP iridescence.

Function wise they are the same and have the same 8520 caliber. Ladymatic has screw in crown, Constellation doesn't. IMO my Ladymatic seems more dressy. The diamond bezel is even more dressy. Constellation can be dress up or down with casual or sporty clothes. I think the diamond bezel is really blingy. Some ladies are not comfortable with that as an everyday watch, but some won't mind. Did you ask your wife's opinion?

I like the new leather option that looks satiny. It really dresses up the watch. Either way, they are great watches.

Besides Nicole Kidman, Jessica Ennis (Omega ambassador) also wears the Ladymatic.

Just realized you asked about Constellation 2500 caliber. All 8520 has silicon parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the long reply, as she already has a daily beater in the form of a mid sized SMP, I think I will go with the ladymatic with diamond markers but without the diamond bezel, I think that will be too bling for her. A really stunning and dressy watch is what is missing from her collection as she is still wearing the movado I bought her when we first met.

·
Premium Member
9,374 Posts
Ladymatic! A beauty. The only difference between the 8520 and the 8500, is that the 8520 does not have the independently movable hour hand feature of the 8500. It does have the S14 balance spring.
That MOP dial is stunning, and I do agree with you about the diamonds.
I do think the Ladymatic is more feminine, or dainty, especially where the ends of the strap/bracelet meet the lugs. The Constellation is rather thick, due to the integrated strap design. Just a personal opinion, but I like the bracelet design of the Ladymatic a lot better.
Cheers,
Carl

·
Registered
276 Posts
I do think the Ladymatic is more feminine, or dainty, especially where the ends of the strap/bracelet meet the lugs. The Constellation is rather thick, due to the integrated strap design. Just a personal opinion, but I like the bracelet design of the Ladymatic a lot better.
Cheers,
Carl
Great observation. I agree completely. When I meant mine is bold it's because of the black dial. It is eye catching due to the contrast. The waves on the side of the case are really unique. I've seen a lady at the local O boutique wearing hers with diamond bezel. It's the only one I've seen in real life. I am glad they are not common like other watches everyone wears like uniform lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts