WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I'm new to watch collecting and was recently gifted this watch. I've googled the brand, but found nothing. I've tried to gently remove the case back using a case knife, with no luck, so I've no idea about the movement. It's a manual wind, working and keeps good time. The mark on the back suggests 18k gold, but I'm not sure. The dial workmanship looks quality to my amateur eye. That's all I can tell you. Any feedback gratefully received.
thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Hi there,

The mark on the back suggests 18k gold
Sorry that I can't write good news, but "suggests" is the right expression. This watch was made to deceive customers. The maker or seller would of course claim that C.7. 18750 is a reference designation, but you can be sure that it is no accident that it contains "C", "18", and "750". The whole appearance is a bit cheapy, with the punched hands, the riveted hinges, and the glued in glass stones. And the pic at the bottom shows that even the gold plating is rather thin. Matching to the over all appearance better don't expect a movement of decent quality inside.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Roland - thanks for the reply, it's very helpful. I'm glad I didn't pay anything it!
Best
Ian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts