WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......quite a watch in person, large but fits very well...very nice quality & finish & i'm diggin' these huge crowns :). Here's a quick & dirty on a Don Ginsler 'California Tan', check it out.......hmmm, how many acres is that dial anyways??

......the dial is something else, actually even though it's listed as 'black' the whole impression is actually a charcoal grey with the bezel & dial together....the discrete logo'd dial will give it a more black look at some obtuse angle & then of course an almost carbon-fibre look a lot of the time too. Nice greenish cast to the marker & hand lume also. ;-)

Say, i was wondering about the strap bars & screws.....are these generic sized or specific to Glycine?....i can see myself wearing out the slots on the screws at some point.....got a few straps on the way from Strap Culture & Firenze...maybe i should invest in a case clamp of some sort.

Also i was wondering what other 1000 & LE owners thought about the main crown stem?...a bit wobbly & fragile feel once extended?

cheers,
Andy

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Congratulations, what a beauty! Wear in good health.
Regarding the crown stem, that is normal, nothing to worry about, but I am very careful when fully extended, as the large crown can act as a lever weight. I have had three of these, still one on my wrist right now, and never had a problem. All the best:-d:-!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Regarding the crown stem, that is normal, nothing to worry about, but I am very careful when fully extended, as the large crown can act as a lever weight. I have had three of these, still one on my wrist right now, and never had a problem. All the best:-d:-!
....thx for the info....kind of a trait of 2824 maybe iirc....heckuva watch, really looks great from every angle..;-)

·
Registered
728 Posts
Lookin' Good Chico.. Lagunare........

.Say, i was wondering about the strap bars & screws.....are these generic sized or specific to Glycine?....i can see myself wearing out the slots on the screws at some point.....got a few straps on the way from Strap Culture & Firenze...maybe i should invest in a case clamp of some sort.

The Glycine strap bars and screws.. the only thing I don't love about my D24.. Yes, you should invest in a clamp of some sort.. I should have.. I've replaced my strap bars and screw 2X (they strip easily or cross thread easily) so far o| and I've dinged up the D24 pretty good when I have had to use pliers to break them off.. But, it's a keeper because of that, and because I do like her so, flaws and all, it aint going no where.. ;-)

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Lookin' Good Chico.. Lagunare........

The Glycine strap bars and screws.. the only thing I don't love about my D24.. Yes, you should invest in a clamp of some sort.. I should have.. I've replaced my strap bars and screw 2X (they strip easily or cross thread easily) so far o| and I've dinged up the D24 pretty good when I have had to use pliers to break them off.. But, it's a keeper because of that, and because I do like her so, flaws and all, it aint going no where.. ;-)
....is it all the same system amongst the different 'screw-bar' 24mm watches?....it appears the Lagun' is 2 piece with a separate screw & the other integrated into bar....am i right, i mean i haven't ended up with threee pieces, just two. Is the D24 the same? (say, that's a killer watch btw)

·
Registered
728 Posts
Yes..

Just 2 pieces.. the bar and that little little screw.. I just wish I could find spring bars big enough to work with this watch :roll:

....is it all the same system amongst the different 'screw-bar' 24mm watches?....it appears the Lagun' is 2 piece with a separate screw & the other integrated into bar....am i right, i mean i haven't ended up with threee pieces, just two. Is the D24 the same? (say, that's a killer watch btw)

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Very nice strap color on your Lagunare--looks great---my LE still has the (stinky vanilla) rubber strap it came on---might be time to "jazz it up" a little??

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice strap color on your Lagunare--looks great---my LE still has the (stinky vanilla) rubber strap it came on---might be time to "jazz it up" a little??
...thx, i don't get the vanilla aroma bit at all.....'inexplicable' comes to mind, i guess the third party strap designers have extra time on their hands....what's next, potpourri maybe ? :roll: i took mine off the watch immediately.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a Lagunare "Big 9" chrono and I was alarmed at the considerable wobble in the crown stem when I extended it to change the date or time. I was told by the seller that this is normal and nothing to worry about. I guess according to this thread that this is normal for Glycines. Still worried though!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts