WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Move to America?.... you already know the language...

or better yet Switzerland. Their currency is certainly more valuable these days.

·
Registered
981 Posts
i'm getting destroyed on the dollar right now. i don't often pay attention to it because of where i'm living, but i went to paypal to buy a watch the other day and i had to withdraw. 25% right now is disgusting. now i'm cringing whenever i have to buy groceries lol

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
So our dollar is now below 80 cents USD
That sure makes buying watches from other countries a lot more expensive.
This sucks!
It makes buying anything from the U.S. prohibitively expensive, but I don't think there has been a significant change relative to other currencies. It's not a case of the Canadian dollar dropping as much as it's a case of the U.S. dollar being inflated.

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
Another thing that really sucks is that I am 35 miles from the Canadian border yet I cannot effectively, safely or securely send a watch to my northern neighbor. That's pretty dang lame...

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
In my experience shipping to Canada is easy and trouble free but getting insurance for the full value of the watch is the hard part.This is where people get cold feet and CONUS kicks in.

·
Registered
14,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, the thread is me whinging about how the devaluation of the Canadian dollar is making things expensive.

Reactions: Neeko

·
Registered
7,212 Posts
So our dollar is now below 80 cents USD
That sure makes buying watches from other countries a lot more expensive.
This sucks!
That isnt the real tragedy. The real tragedy is that the NHL trade deadline is coming up and the Flyers are less likely to be able to offload some of their overpriced players as a result of this. So we get treated to another year of McDonald, Streit, Lecavalier on the roster. FML.

No, the thread is me whinging about how the devaluation of the Canadian dollar is making things expensive.
You you you... what about MY needs? What about my right to follow a hockey team that does not suck? Huh?

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Getting a watch here from the USA is insanely expensive.

Take the price of a watch in USD dollars, then add the exchange rate, delivery fees, duty and taxes and the watch is suddenly ~40% more. In some cases, buying from Canadian AD is comparable in price to grey market.

·
Banned
2,843 Posts
That isnt the real tragedy. The real tragedy is that the NHL trade deadline is coming up and the Flyers are less likely to be able to offload some of their overpriced players as a result of this. So we get treated to another year of McDonald, Streit, Lecavalier on the roster. FML.

You you you... what about MY needs? What about my right to follow a hockey team that does not suck? Huh?

Bruins fan here, btw! Many years living in and around Boston will do that to you! Ahahah

Hey btw isn't my good old countryman Mark Streit on pace for 55-60 points? Not too shabby, no?

i'm an oilers fan. you should be happy with nhl players on your nhl team :)

At least McDavid (or Eichel or Hanifin or whoever is BPA and liked by management) will be a good consolation!!! Sooner or later, the Oilers will have to rise to the top, it's inevitable.

·
Registered
7,212 Posts
Hey btw isn't my good old countryman Mark Streit on pace for 55-60 points? Not too shabby, no?
Streit is actually doing quite well - i think 4th in points among D-men. He wouldnt be too bad, if paired with a good stay-at-home D-man, which, of course, the Flyers dont have. They really need to stop chasing the playoffs and have a fire sale, and then rebuild.

(Atleast you have the Pats. The Iggles wuz robbed by Belichek's video camera).

Reactions: Legion681

·
Banned
2,843 Posts

Streit is actually doing quite well - i think 4th in points among D-men. He wouldnt be too bad, if paired with a good stay-at-home D-man, which, of course, the Flyers dont have. They really need to stop chasing the playoffs and have a fire sale, and then rebuild.

(Atleast you have the Pats. The Iggles wuz robbed by Belichek's video camera).
Yeah, he quietly puts up oodles of points almost every year. You should have gotten Johnny Rocket (= Boychuk) when Chiarelli had another seizure and gave him up for 2 2nds - OK we stood about zero chance to sign him to another contract, had he stayed with us but still we sorely miss him - to the Isles... Now he is their highest TOI defenseman. Ugh.

But hey, the future is bright in Philly: Giroux, Simmonds and now Voracek who all of a sudden is turning into Crosby. Let's not forget a strong defensive forward like Couturier too..
We instead gave up a Seguin for depth players. That still hurts BADLY...

Yep, I hope the Pats can win it. The window won't be there forever, good ole #12 won't be eternal! Plus I had the chance to meet and have a chat with Vince Wilfork and he seems to be a great guy... Well we shall see, only few days to the Super Bowl!

Sorry about going brutally OT but I love my sports... ;)

Reactions: vkalia

·
Registered
155 Posts
With the exchange rate the way it is, there is absolutely no reason not to buy from a Canadian AD now. Last I checked, their MSRP on most watches is still the same as US MSRP. It's probably best to take advantage of that before they realize that 80 cents on the dollar is how it's going to be for quite a while and adjust their MSRP's.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Oh, and to everyone whining about their team "sucking", your team doesn't suck. You don't know what sucking is until you've watched the Leafs. Honestly, the games are so brutal I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts