WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever tried to remove the winding pinion and clutch wheel from the dial side of the movement? I ask because the rest of the watch is in good working condition but the winding binds up. I figure it has a worn or wrong pinion or clutch wheel. I have never stripped down a chronograph and I don't want to practice on a watch I like.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I just looked at picture of the cal. 39 and it looks like it should be pretty simple from the dial side. I think there might be one spring to watch out for.

If that doesn't fix it you might have to tackle the other side!

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just looked at picture of the cal. 39 and it looks like it should be pretty simple from the dial side. I think there might be one spring to watch out for.

If that doesn't fix it you might have to tackle the other side!
I have looked at a few pics too. It looks rather simple being that there is no date function and it is just the keyless works that would need to come apart.

The symptom of the issue is as you wind it, it feels sloppy and binds up. It stops you from winding further until you turn back on the crown a bit. That takes away the binding but after 4 or 5 turns it does it again.

The winding stem does sit with the end in a hole. I have not taken the stem out yet and it may be the wrong stem for all I know. The sloppiness may be the missing tip or maybe the tip broke off in the hole. If that is the case...an entire strip down would be needed.

But I am just guessing and getting myself worried at this point.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts