WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I did a quick search but could not really find a good answer. Is there a recommended watch repair service that you would use to replace the mainspring on a Landeron 48 Chronograph? I have had mixed results with my local watchmaker on some of the more vintage stuff I own, and I am not really comfortable having him have a go at it. So I wanted to see who's had some experience with this before and what your recommendations are?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
Hi,

I did a quick search but could not really find a good answer. Is there a recommended watch repair service that you would use to replace the mainspring on a Landeron 48 Chronograph? I have had mixed results with my local watchmaker on some of the more vintage stuff I own, and I am not really comfortable having him have a go at it. So I wanted to see who's had some experience with this before and what your recommendations are?

Thanks for the help!
Landeron is dead common.

If he can't handle that he doesn't any business working on watches period.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd agree with that. He managed to replace a crown twice for me back when I did not feel comfortable doing that type of stuff myself, but I recently wanted to have a balance wheel replaced and provided him with a spare parts movement to source it from and he claims it can't be done.. And I called him today check if he is familiar with Landeron movements, and he had never heard of the brand. So I guess it's time to move on and find a better watchmaker..

In general, any recommendations for east coast?

I'll definitely look into Watchbreath's recommendation too, thanks for that!

Landeron is dead common.

If he can't handle that he doesn't any business working on watches period.

·
Premium Member
6,664 Posts
I don't have a first-hand suggestion that is local for you, but you might check the search engines in this link:
https://www.watchuseek.com/f11/watch-repair-geographical-location-search-engines-3433002.html

Frankly, this sounds like a simple enough repair that it might be a good test case for a qualified watchmaker that you identify from one of those databases. No offense to the NAWCC, but in my area, the AWCI search returns better and more comprehensive results.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is a very nice source of information Dan, thank you. I managed to track a certified watchmaker ~30 miles from me, so we'll see how that works out. I agree L48's shouldn't warrant too much stress for repairs, but this particular one is a Leonidas SA one, and I would not like to have that one completely botched. Anyhow, thanks for the help all of you!

I don't have a first-hand suggestion that is local for you, but you might check the search engines in this link:
https://www.watchuseek.com/f11/watch-repair-geographical-location-search-engines-3433002.html

Frankly, this sounds like a simple enough repair that it might be a good test case for a qualified watchmaker that you identify from one of those databases. No offense to the NAWCC, but in my area, the AWCI search returns better and more comprehensive results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts