WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Hi there... have you checked here:

bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: Landeron 80

If you search Landeron... there are plenty to check against! I had a quick look, and some in the 50 range looked close.

That said, it also looks like some of the Valjoux movements to! are there no markings under the balance wheel??

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
This is what Roland Ranfft wrote in this thread https://www.watchuseek.com/f11/chronograph-suisse-landeon-47-a-117134.html a while back:

'model changes of Landerons were always floating, because almost all parts were interchangeable between the members of what I'd call the 48 family.'

So sometimes you might have a movement which does not exactly match the books or web-based reference material.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is what Roland Ranfft wrote in this thread https://www.watchuseek.com/f11/chronograph-suisse-landeon-47-a-117134.html a while back:

'model changes of Landerons were always floating, because almost all parts were interchangeable between the members of what I'd call the 48 family.'

So sometimes you might have a movement which does not exactly match the books or web-based reference material.
I've pretty much come to that conclusion. Some variation of the 47 maybe. I'm just trying to confirm the movement could possibly be original to the watch I found it in, which wasn't a Welsbro (WXE), and does date to the late 1930's early 1940's timeframe. Confirmation of that could possibly explain the balance cock being swapped out at some time in an otherwise correct movement.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My watchmaker has it currently and after inspecting and tearing apart reported that it's actually a three button movement with a center button in the crown. He's seen 3-button Landerons before but never one like this. It required a new balance and he's got the proper crown fitted now and it runs. He thought it some variation of a Landeron 47 or 49. He said good thing it was complete because it would have been a problem finding some of the unique parts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts