WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Can someone please direct me to this sports watch? Any info on it?
Info here on the rumored Lange sports watch from Tim Mosso of Watchbox:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kURDWGB1n70

The info starts at around the 3 minute mark. Basically, Mosso says the watch will be released next year and he is predicting it will be unveiled at Watches & Wonders Miami in January; if not then at SIHH.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Interesting. I'm getting my wife a Little Lange 1 Moon Phase from the NY boutique. I'm not well connected or anything, but I'll be sure to ask.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I wonder if they considered some form of ball bearing solution. On the blown up photo posted by PJS it appears to be some sort of grease stain rather than a scratch. Strange to see something like this from Lange.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
^
If you read the thread, there was a response given by Lange & Sohne as to what we were seeing.
They say that the 2 Filets on the underside are oiled and prevent the ratchet wheel from moving vertically.
Their claim is that the marks are nothing but oil transfer, but this doesn’t make sense as it’d be there from the outset.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I did read that section. What do you think of their response? It sounds to me like a “filet” is simply an oiled ridge or track. Perhaps making such a thing run over a mirror polished surface is actually a viable approach. I would imagine that ball bearings running over a pre-drawn track might be an alternative.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Whether it's a functional and/or intentional approach or not, I certainly wouldn't consider it an elegant (haute horological) approach.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts