WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there folks. In the Lara Croft movie Cradle of Life Lara wears a great big watch band. Is it some custom thing? Anyone ever seen this sort of thing before?

Sorry I don't have an image.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Here you go! It wasn't pleasant, but someone HAD to do it....

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses, guys, and thanks Mars for pulling out the pic. I guess it's a custom job. In the moments I was able to take my eyes off Lara's sweat-inducing neoprene suit I thought - wow - neat watch band.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
...I thought - wow - neat watch band.
Well yairs... spoken like a true watch geek! Now, in case you needed to see it from another angle....

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chuckle - yeah - well the best view of it is when she arrives at the boat after the earthquake ruins the wedding on Mykonos and talks to the guys about their plan to find Alexander's hidden treasure. As she's pointing out the improbable fact that a few fallen boulders have reversed an entire convectional ocean current you get a good look at the tooled leather watch strap she has on. It's pretty cool and very unladylike. Nice and wide. I wondered what sort of watch you'd wear on a big strap like that. It looks like she's wearing something male and swiss - a bit military.

·
Registered
23,402 Posts
I wondered what sort of watch you'd wear on a big strap like that.

It looks like she's wearing something male and swiss - a bit military.
PHP:
Anything she could find at the moment as long as it has springbars or lugs of some sort~Cheers! ;-)

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Is this some sort of test? Look at this picture, but concentrate on the watch?? If so, I've failed :-d

·
Registered
470 Posts
Thanks guys. I've watched this move closely a couple of times and I never noticed that she was wearing a watch before.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The band actually has a clip-over protective flap like the watches the Rangers and Commandos used to wear in WW2. I had one myself when I was a kid but this one is way tougher than the ones I had. From memory at some point she has a look at the watch but I'll have to take another look at the movie to see for sure.

·
Registered
549 Posts
The band actually has a clip-over protective flap like the watches the Rangers and Commandos used to wear in WW2. I had one myself when I was a kid but this one is way tougher than the ones I had. From memory at some point she has a look at the watch but I'll have to take another look at the movie to see for sure.
It's a Tissot T-Touch

1 - 17 of 17 Posts