WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
34 years ago today, last ever mankind step on the moon. Let celebrate it by wearing Speedy Pro ... woohoo ... :-D

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
A fine idea

That's a fine idea, CK. Today is definitely a Speedy day.

"As I take man's last step from the surface, back home for some time to come - but we believe not too long into the future — I'd like to just [say] what I believe history will record - that America's challenge of today has forged man's destiny of tomorrow. And, as we leave the Moon at Taurus-Littrow, we leave as we came and, God willing, as we shall return, with peace and hope for all mankind. Godspeed the crew of Apollo 17."

- Eugene A. Cernan, Apollo 17 Commander. Last man to walk on the moon, December 14, 1972.
Mr. Cernan, Mr. Evans, and Mr. Schmitt, we salute you.

eric

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Yes, a salute to Captain Cernan and all the men who left footprints on the moon!

And in tribute to Mission Apollo, here's a photo I haven't posted in a while:

The father of the young man in the center bought my Apollo XI 20th Anniversary and my "Last Man" Speedies for him. Needless to say both boxes are appropriately autographed.

Fr. John+

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
For old times...

And may we return to the Moon quickly..B-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts