WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm a long time WUS member, but have not been a Doxa owner since I sold my 1000T Sharkhunter several years ago. My son recently bought a 1200t Pro and I was once again bitten by the Doxa bug. Thanks son...I'll be spending more of your inheritence now!

I had always lusted after the Divingstar model and while catching up on some old posts last weekend, saw that a few of the 1000t COSC versions were rumored to be available, at 50% off no less, from Island Time. I called them on Monday, and the last NOS Divingstar was delivered to my door yesterday. What a wonderful watch, and the yellow dial is just something you have to see on your wrist to fully appreciate. I love a good tool watch and I'm a certified diver, so this one will be happily doing what it was created to do very soon.

The transaction was easy, and Island Time's service was great. However, Laurian (the sales agent I worked with) wanted me to pass along that Island Time no longer has any Doxa watches remaining in stock. They hate to see the brand go, but as we all know Doxa has been focused on direct sales for a long time now. In fact, since my Divingstar was the last remaining piece and had been in the display case, the scuba bottle and packaging was gone so I purchased it "watch-only". No worries as the bracelet was complete and the protective stickers were still intact. The deal was too good to pass up, and I have no regrets about pulling the trigger on this one.

I know...it didn't happen without pictures. I'll try to take a few this weekend and share with the forum.

It's nice to be back in the Doxa Club again, and I look forward to checking in now and then to read your posts.

Now, if I could just find a good vintage 300t Sharkhunter.....

Shawn

Reactions: Steve Tracy

·
Registered
672 Posts
Pics, or it didn't happen. Lets see it man! And congratulations on the Divingstar.

For fun, my baby:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Shawn,

I find this interesting since I purchased the same model watch instore at Island Time on 8/6/13. I was told the same story, NOS, last one available, same discount etc. My question is have you warranty registered your watch yet? I was told by Island Time to register it via the DOXA website. So far there seems to be an issue with this since DOXA said the warranty should go through Island Time. I am still waiting for DOXA to resolve this. Did you receive a warranty card?

Thank you,

Dave

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dave,

That does seem odd. I can't see why they wouldn't want to sell the remaining stock. Telling customers that they are getting the "last one" sure doesn't increase profits.

I didn't get a warranty card with the watch, but entered the serial number on the Doxa website. I may follow-up with a call to customer service next week regarding the warranty. If you find an answer, please shoot me a PM.

Thanks!

Shawn

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Shawn,

Here's the bottom line from DOXA customer service:

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 1:46 PM

Hi Dave, actually the DOXA warranty on those models has expired, but this doesn’t mean anything to the consumer, the retailer sells the watch with a valid warranty for 1 or 2 years depending on the agreement that you had with them. So in the unlikely case that your watch fails, island company will honor the warranty. Whether they will send it to DOXA for repair or repair it in their facility with DOXA parts, this will be their decision to make.

No, we haven’t seen that thread, but we will send kycigar the same email as above

Kind regards
customer service
DOXA watches Inc.
www.doxawatches.com

·
DOXA Forum Moderator
5,729 Posts
Many times over the past several years, I've eyed those watches in the Island Companies' glass cases, there in Grand Cayman. On a couple of occassions, I almost pulled the trigger but for some reason I didn't. Not sure why, but it's best for you that I passed, because I might be wearing that Divingstar instead of yourself. :-d

Congrats Shawn, it's an awesome watch, and one that I hope you wear for a very long time. While they never shared the same glass case together, they still hail from the same island, so here's my Island Companies Divingstar...but of the 750T variety.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I'm glad you decided to pass Subkrawler, although that 750T is a beauty in it's own right. I am enjoying the watch, and just can't stop looking at that cool yellow dial. I was concerned that it would be more of a pale yellow like some of those I've seen in photos, but it is a nice "gold' color. My one complaint is the yellow that Doxa used on the bezel numbers. They are hard to read and I think the orange numbers like you have on your 750T would have been a more practical choice--even if it doesn't match the yellow dial.

I do need to get some photos together and post them this week.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Congratulations on the new toy.

I also have the 1000T COSC Divingstar. I love the color but I don't care for the smaller dial.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts