WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Which case would you like to see used for the Sinn WatchUSeek Limited Edition watch

• Standard 44 mm Sinn U1

Votes: 142 83.5%
  • New 47 mm Sinn Ultimate U

Votes: 28 16.5%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've just returned from holiday and see Decksurgeon has announced the Sinn Ultimate U-A being initially released through THG. You can jump to the thread here:

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=331210

This 47 mm cased U1 has been in the works for some time and is being made available to us Sinn Forum members for our Sinn WatchUSeek Limited Edition project (see the Sinn Forum Watch sub-forum for details). Please take a moment to vote on which case you'd like to see our white lume dialed fully tegimented U LE to have.

With this final piece of the puzzle we should be able to get this project moving again...finally.

·
Registered
Omega Aqua Terra Skyfall 41.5, Breitling Avenger Chrono II 43, Seiko SBDC101, Timex Ironman
722 Posts
47mm just seems... um... big.

Heck, 44mm is an imposing watch as it is.
Amen... 47mm is an occasional watch that won't fit under a shirt sleeve. The 44mm can be a daily wearer.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I would like to see exact layout as U1 but with 47mm case and crown at 10 o'clock

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Main concern with a 47mm wouldn't be the watch size as much as the $$$ pirce $$$ size increase. If you could make it forthe same price as the 44mm then I would change my vote to have something a little different in my winder.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
U1 non-steroid version hands down. ;-)

·
6,880 Posts
Standard size U1 is perfect for me.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Another vote for 44mm. On some watches 44mm is a bit big, on the U1, 44mm is perfect...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Well this seems like a lopsided vote. I voted 44mm but the truth is if I liked the watch otherwise, I would buy it regardless of size.

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so what is the final configuration for this project now?
Here's what the polls came up with:

Case Design
U series case & bezel 60%
EZM case 40%

Case Material
Standard U steel 53%
SDR 23%
PVD 23%

Case Treatment
Tegimented steel case and bezel 90.5%
Steel case and tegimented bezel 9.5%

Crown Position
Crown at 4 o'clock 59%
10 o'clock 41%

Crystal Material and Treatment
Domed crystal, AR coated on the inside 54%
Flat crystal, AR coated on the inside 20%

Dial Color
White dial fully lumed with BG-W9 50%
Blue dial fully lumed blue 27%

Hand and Indice Style
U1 block hands and indices 51%
U2 sword hands and indices 49%

Hand and Indice Color
Black minute and hour hands and Indices 58%
Blue minute and hour hands and Indices 24%

Seconds Hand Color
Red seconds hand 37%
Orange/Yellow 26%
Black 24%

Strap/Bracelet Preference
Rubber strap 51%
Steel bracelet 40%

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So what you're saying is it's a U1W with a normal color case and a red second hand. FTL
No, the U1W is our watch with a PVD case, black second hand and a non-lumed face. ;-)

Our watch was on the drawingboard three months before anyone knew anything about the U1W. The main detail that really sets our design apart is the fully lumed dial with solid black hands and markers. Sinn (Herr Schmidt) liked the concept so much that they are planning to release our design as a regular model after the WUS LE is sold out. How cool is that?! :-!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.